St185 to st205 help

lalojamesliz1

Does anyone have a picture of a pinout showing what wires to swap?
I have a 91 USA st185 and I was looking at buying a st205 ecu and I really didn't want to buy a $200 patch harness....
I did this same thing years ago and had a pinout showing what to do but I can't find those anymore. I only found that for a mr2

rrain3288

Buy the patch harness. Iv done the repin a few times it's not that hard but it's not worth the risk of ruining your harness. And if you decided to change your plans later you can start with an unmodified harness. Use your jumper harness to add or modify what ever you like. The only modification you should need to do is adding the intake sensor. And my car even had the wires all ready there with a cap on them by the intake manifold. All I had to do was add the need plug for it.

lalojamesliz1

rrain3288":2xkvekn9 said:
Buy the patch harness. Iv done the repin a few times it's not that hard but it's not worth the risk of ruining your harness. And if you decided to change your plans later you can start with an unmodified harness. Use your jumper harness to add or modify what ever you like. The only modification you should need to do is adding the intake sensor. And my car even had the wires all ready there with a cap on them by the intake manifold. All I had to do was add the need plug for it.

I just called tweaked performance to buy the harness they have listed on their site and the guy told me they discontinued pretty much all 3sgte harnesses besides st165-st185.... :bangshead:

rrain3288

I know they stoped making the repinned full harnesses bit I thought they still did the patch harness... you could try prime. I know they do wiring conversions and they do a really nice job they might also provide patch harnesses

lalojamesliz1

rrain3288":9mbkci98 said:
I know they stoped making the repinned full harnesses bit I thought they still did the patch harness... you could try prime. I know they do wiring conversions and they do a really nice job they might also provide patch harnesses

I'll try asking, thanks for that info.
I tried calling Bark and they told me to call back at 5 to talk to their tech. Nice people :)

lalojamesliz1

I was looking at my old threads on celicatech that I started years ago looking for the info I needed for the swap. I find my find a diagram of the switch but I did see I used to have a gen2 to gen3 BERK patch harness.
I just ordered one.
I was seriously just thinking of re-pinning my harness but i don't want to hack up my harness more and now I consider my time more valuable since I'm a little older now. As long as I don't have to move any wires around on the patch harness I'll be happy.
It's for a mr2 but all the wires I had to move according to some re-pinning instructions I found are the same.