1993 Alltrac value

dragstang86

For some time I have been considering selling my modded 1992 and buying a stock 1993 when the opportunity presents itself and that time may be here.

What is fair market value for a clean, stock 1993 these days? One that has over 180k miles on the chassis but has had the engine rebuilt along the way. Still very clean, no rust, clean interior and otherwise doesn't look like a 180k mile car. Car has almost all OEM parts on it, down to the exhaust. Car is also full loaded. Looking for a fair price, not some crazy price that you occasionally see somebody ask for one, but never actually sell for.

CMS-GT4

The last 93 I saw sold went for 8k or so, but did not run. It need an engine installed and put back together. That was a few years back. Considering there are less than 80 of them, you might not see many go onto market. A ultra clean, but high milage 90 sold for 16k not long ago. So milage, and how clean it is will be key.
Unless there is more work than you want to put in your 92, I would say keep it. The 92 & 93 are nearly identical other than manufacture date and some very minor items.
If you are wanting a stock car as a collectors item to store for value, then that is the main reason to go for a 93.

FC Zach

CMS-GT4":1bhaeoac said:
Unless there is more work than you want to put in your 92, I would say keep it. The 92 & 93 are nearly identical other than manufacture date and some very minor items.

Excellent point, totally agree! Is it the rarity aspect that you want?

dragstang86

I do like the rarity of the 1993 but my biggest reason for the change is wanting a clean, stock one. Mine is in pretty good shape but it is far from stock and I have race cars for my need for speed. As I get older, I have a growing appreciation for clean, stock cars, especially when it comes to rare cars.

It is pretty surprising to hear a clean, high mileage 90 sold for that much though.