Could be my forum-suave is gone... but ST246 swap info

Getting a list ready and at the top is either a ST215 or ST246 swap. I don't know which one yet. I've done the Gen4 before and used to it and know all the gremlins that came with it. Now I'm seeing the 246 seems to be a 'goto swap' but I'm seeing things about immobilizer things and the options I'm seeing there are either get the keyfob or get the immobilizer removed from the ECU.

Is that accurate? Is it a hassle to do that or would I be better off to hunt down a Gen4 motor?

hoys

msanders2":15qg580a said:
Wiregap will fix it for you. Just send the harness and ecu to Doug.

x2.

I had this done and installed in my 165. Last I checked they haven't been able to disable the DTC's for the auto transmission so you will always have a CEL for auto trans issues, but there isn't a limp mode as far as I know because of it.

I hear TCS has it down (the wiring/immobilizer stuff). Wiregap was also on the list as well. Didn't know they did the immobilizer work thought they were just harness conversions (heard somewhere that Wiregap did everything for TCS but may of been a passing rumor). I need to pull out my 165 harness and make sure it'll work for the conversion though. It's in pretty piss shape right now :-\

Not sure what plugs are needed for the conversion. I may just keep the new engine accessories instead of keeping the 165 ones (seeing as how I don't have any 165 accessories hah).

hoys

4thgenceli":1j38vh25 said:
I hear TCS has it down (the wiring/immobilizer stuff). Wiregap was also on the list as well. Didn't know they did the immobilizer work thought they were just harness conversions (heard somewhere that Wiregap did everything for TCS but may of been a passing rumor). I need to pull out my 165 harness and make sure it'll work for the conversion though. It's in pretty piss shape right now :-\

Not sure what plugs are needed for the conversion. I may just keep the new engine accessories instead of keeping the 165 ones (seeing as how I don't have any 165 accessories hah).

TCS uses Wiregap.

A good bit of the 165 harness is removed during the wiring merge. The only thing really kept is the power from the drivers side fuse box.