Anyone in Ohio? Trace someone for me?

Hi, I have my GT4s up for sale in the UK via a site called classiccarsforsale.co.uk and I got a text from +15672292019 a girl called Loraine Harry (lorainehharry@gmail.com who wanted to buy but insisted it was done via paypal.
Now I am not happy with that unless she waits 31 days so I said send a cheque or bring cash. She said she had an agent who would sort it.
She has now disappeared so I guess it was a scam using paypal. I believe that number is from Ohio so do any of you guys know of a scammer from around there?
Thanks.
Jeff

underscore

That's definitely a scam, the name is likely bogus and the number is likely a burner. A quick search for the number turns up a "Alona Tirey - E Wayne St, Dunkirk, Ohio" but they could just be the previous owner of that number. Odds are the scammer isn't even anywhere near Ohio.

freddie

Yes that is definitely a scam. I am located in Perth Western Australia. I received an email from a potential buyer of
of my ST162. He said he was working up north on a major sola construction site and asked me if he deposited
$500.00 into my Paypal account, then hold the car until he was back in town in two weeks time.

We exchanged emails a couple of times. From the start I became suspicious over his English and grammar.
There was no major sola projects and the company he worked for was US based (Pennsylvania) and did not
operate outside the states.

All these people want is your Paypal account details.

Also watch out for the email to you stating you have received a refund or a discount rebate or cash back.
"please provide your bank details so we can deposit it for you" Yeh right mate.

FC Zach

Is that your red '94? Beautiful car if so! Come February when these are legal to import, my dream of owning a 6th gen GT4 may come true. . maybe :) It's sad we didn't get these in the US.

FC Zach

Ideally I would love to have a LHD but beggars can't be choosers. Also, I would love to import yours but I'm in the process of building a garage so another car has to come later when I'll have the expendable cash :(