Import of Alltracs from Canada to USA

teal1

Hey guys,
I'm a geezer: I've had my 2 alltracs since 1994 and 1998.Medical issues will likely require me to sell my 93 185 and 88 165 this summer. Both cars are US/CAN LHD versions and have been in storage for far too long. Both are in very good to excellent condition.
My question to the forum concerns the procedure for import to the USA from Canada. Has anyone actually do this before?
If it's relatively simple, this will guide how I go about selling the cars and prices.
As well, I have a garage full of parts none of which are on the car. (CS hood and bumper, boxes of electrical stuff, etc.)
I would much rather sell as a package but I need to get fair value for the parts and the cars.
Any advice you may have for me would be appreciated.
Thanks.

underscore

I've had a few friends sell cars from Canada down to the US, by all accounts it's very simple. Fill out 1 form and notify the border ahead of time and it's good to go from my understanding. Where in Canada are you located?

FC Zach

teal1":2d6gnbbb said:
As well, I have a garage full of parts none of which are on the car. (CS hood and bumper, boxes of electrical stuff, etc.)
I would much rather sell as a package but I need to get fair value for the parts and the cars.
Any advice you may have for me would be appreciated.
Thanks.

If you decide to sell the hood separately I may be interested depending on what you want for it and of course if you'd be willing to ship it to the states. .

teal1":3sa53za2 said:
I've had my 2 alltracs since 1994 and 1998.Medical issues will likely require me to sell my 93 185 and 88 165 this summer. Both cars are US/CAN LHD versions and have been in storage for far too long. Both are in very good to excellent condition.
Is your 93 ST185 tagged as "Turbo 4WD" model? Did this year model come with all the prior year model options as standard equipment in 93 (as the US All-Tracs came)?

Oh, wait...the original post was in Jan 2019, not Jan 2020. I suspect both have sold - sorry to have bothered anyone on this.

Rick89GTS

You're right, all CAD-spec models are branded Turbo 4WD, not AllTrac, as they are in US. My ST165 has Turbo 4WD decals on it.