185 to 165 T-VIS question for the Guru's!

awdmofo

I'm selling a T-VIS full setup and I had a member ask me if the T-VIS assembly will fit on an ST165 Gen1. I'm not sure and i don't want to sell something to the guy that won't work on his setup. Any help would be great, thanks! :D :notworthy:

awdmofo

___Scott___":138pyfl1 said:
I bought a T-VIS assembly from an MR2 and installed it on my old ST165. It's a direct bolt-on fit.

Thank you for the info Scott. It looks like the other member is buying it anyways but he's interested in my 2nd gen intake manifold and TB as well. Would you say that is all straight bolt up with no issues onto the 1st gen block?

___Scott___

awdmofo":2156l7ig said:
Would you say that is all straight bolt up with no issues onto the 1st gen block?

The 2nd gen intake will bolt on to the 1st gen head/T-VIS, but the 2nd gen throttle body is offset a little from where the 1st gen TB is. This means a TB support bracket won't fit and some hoses will require a little extra effort to make fit. The 1st gen intercooler won't line up.

The problems are not completely insurmountable, but it won't be a direct bolt-on affair.

awdmofo

No worries Rafa, thats what we ask guru's like Scott. Because i didn't feel right selling a part to someone thinking it might fit and i wasn't 100% sure.

___Scott___":29yucvuw said:
awdmofo":29yucvuw said:
Would you say that is all straight bolt up with no issues onto the 1st gen block?

The 2nd gen intake will bolt on to the 1st gen head/T-VIS, but the 2nd gen throttle body is offset a little from where the 1st gen TB is. This means a TB support bracket won't fit and some hoses will require a little extra effort to make fit. The 1st gen intercooler won't line up.

The problems are not completely insurmountable, but it won't be a direct bolt-on affair.

Makes sense, the guy might be buying my 2nd gen TB, cold start injector and intake manifold. But for now he's holding off. Shameless plug for my 3s-gte engine part out post :D viewtopic.php?f=15&t=53417&p=489623#p489623