Car Seat

alltrac801

Okay so I have a 6 month old baby. I have a car seat in my 94 ST and its snug. Can anyone tell me if a rear facing car seat will fit in an ST185?

underscore

One of the click and go style ones without the base would probably fit but you'd likely have to remove the passenger seat or bring it through the hatch to get it in there. A convertible car seat definitely won't fit.

alltrac801

Damn. I was really hoping it would fit easy so I would have a reason to buy a better All-trac to daily lol I wouldnt want to put a baby in my current one.

underscore

I can attempt to fandangle my kids old one into my car but I'm not optimistic about being able to do it period, let alone with a baby actually in the seat already.

alltrac801

See my AT200 isnt horrible but its not ideal so i figured the ST185 would be just as bad if not worse. Thanks for the input!

sefiroxx

Aaahhhh, memories. . .

Bought my 91 GT new when child 1 was 6 months old. Car seats were allowed in the front seats. We tried the rear seat, but resigned ourselves to the front as it was too much trouble to get the cradle into the back. Had to build up the seats with towels to get the base level.

Child 2 added a s-10 blazer. Child 3 became a Suburban to haul kids, dogs and cats.

alltrac801

My 94 ST is a pain but it works for just the baby and I. We just sold my wife's civic and bought a 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee and it has plenty of room for the baby and the two Australian Shepard's lol

alltracman78

I never tried fitting one in the Alltrac, but just FYI, Toyota sells (or at least used to) tied down points for the top strap of the car seat.

I'm not explaining that really well, sorry. Just trying to add the information in.