The 165 delima

Get the 165 and fix it up or allow it to go to someone else who might not give it the propper care?

• leave it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • get it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

InitialD93

Well heres the deal guys... remember when my bud got that red 165 to fix up for $250. Well hes tight on cash now and wanting to get rid of it... so im thinkin ill buy it and just see what i can do with it. most likely it will get stripped and be my race/rally car if all goes as planned. Never know i mean the body is in great shape and the interior just needs a good scrub... short block however is busted so thats gona have to be fixed.

i can prolly get it for $250 or less but i just dont know if i need another alltrac laying arround especially if it dont run. But hopefully it will work out and ill have 2 beotches to bring to Pidgeon Forge next year :wink: .

Ive also got my truck project that i may sell in order to fund the 165... honestly i like the styling and feel of the 165 better than my 185... but that just the old school in me talkin :smokes:

ill keep ya posted.

InitialD93

in a pathetic attempt to make it run i can get a 5S block from a 92 GT for like $100... is there anyway in hell i could swap the 3s block for the 5s block just as a temproary fix. or am i gona have to find a new short block... plus will any gen short block bolt up to the 1st gen head or does it have to be a 1st gen block.

here are some pics of it

165%20front.JPG

165%20rear.JPG

165%20hatch.JPG

165%20int.JPG

165%20seats1.JPG

165%20guages.JPG

InitialD93

i need to know if the 1st gen head will go the other way... on a newer block. will the 5s block line up right with the 1st gen 3s head.

I just had a thought... i have a 2nd gen JDM 3SGTE head with HKS bits sitting in my garage... can i dump that on the 5S block with a new HG and bolt up the 1st gen turbo stuff to the 2nd gen head... i have a 2nd gen intake manifold also so i dont have to try to make the 1st gen one work with the 2nd gen head if they wont meet up.

mtbgael

all these cheap bodies with blown motors, and I've got the other way around and no access to any of them :shrug: Go for it man.

saved_1992

i remember reading somewhere that the 2.2 block will not clear the diff on the alltrac. should check into that.

where is the car incase you do not buy it? :wink: