Put badass high revving 300hp V8 in spare alltrac

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

C-dubb

I have a Lincoln mark VIII sitting around ,out of commision (the rear end exploded) but the engine is still fine. I don't know if any of you are familiar with these lincoln motors but this car is a sort of predesesar of the LS V8 that if you know any thing about...are fast as shit. period. anyways to the point, i have this 300hp high revving V8 engine sitting around and i have an alltrac W/O an engine in it....and it makes me think ...it makes me think alot about doing badass burnouts and pulling 13sec. quarter mile runs with a huge v8 quad over head cam engine in my other alltrac. I have illusions of grandjur? as the late rick james would say...what is your viewpoint on this let me know what you think.

I know it's alot of work and i know it will take a while.....but it would be a great project.

Rick89GTS

If you accomplished that, it'd be unique but it wouldn't really be an AllTrac anymore (or would it?!)
Dunno how you'd mate the Lincoln motor with the AllTrac drivetrain though. You'd definately have your work cut out for ya.

Dano

Well, Bill Strong, owner of the MR2 message board has a mk1 (1st gen MR2) that he has installed a Cadillac Northstar V8. An All-Trac with a Lincoln V8 might be considered one upmanship and a drag race between the two would be awsome.

OlyST185

I remember the celica with the twin turbo v8, dont know if that was an alltrac or not but it was bad

yes it was on a GT-Four GrpA from australia, aussie's car.
1UZFE.

thats a great idea getting a V8 in this but i would prefer insering a Toyota V8 :doh:

Phunk Master

i personally would like to put the 1MZ in a all trac (the tranny will bolt right up) and then TT it

imagine the power and torque

it would be a pretty damm hard to beat

peace

C-dubb

In reference to mating the the lincoln up with the celica's drivline, that would be a task, im not so sure it would be as hard to get a custom driveshaft as it would be to figure out a way to set up the rear end for the engine. i dont think the rear diffirential would be very well suited for the task...or would it...any suggestions?

Also in reference to the weight ratio. I'm not sure how much more the lincoln engine weighs than the 3sgte engine...i'm sure it is a substancial amount more but i think it has an aluminum block...i dont think its too terribly heavy im still trying to figure that one out. Does anyone know how much the 3sgte weights . And some weight distribution can be taken care of to a certain extent.

If you do it use a Toyota V8, but please dont tear apart
a running car (no matter what the year). Find a shell
and use it. Assuming you would make the alltrac RWD only,
only way I could see you doing it

C-dubb

by spare alltrac i didnt mean an alltrac that was sitting around that ran...that i didn't drive...i have one that i drive...my spare alltrac is a shell the only thing remaining in it is ...nothing the front seats and the nothing else.

I would never destroy a living breathing alltrac...theyr'e a dying breed as it is...i just want to re-incarnate this alltrac...and give it a 300hp soul. :(

C-dubb

I did some measureing and i should have plenty of room...well an adequite amount of room to mount the engine...the only real obstacle is the lower part of the firewall i will have to do some modification...cutting / pounding and so forth but... i think in the next few weekends back from school i am going to get working on this...just basic stuff like pulling the engine out of the lincoln and getting things arranged so as to begin plans to retrofit motor mounts and so forth for the basic instillation and allignment for the engine and tranny/driveline.

AWDios

OlyST185":38tlp51i said:
I remember the celica with the twin turbo v8, dont know if that was an alltrac or not but it was bad

1UZFE.

thats a great idea getting a V8 in this but i would prefer insering a Toyota V8 :doh:

Actually it was a FWD celica that they convereted to RWD only, If I remember correctly. He just put the GT-Four parts on it.

CMS-GT4

I have been kicking around this idea myself.
I think if I went the rwd route, i'd stick with the 3sgte.

Anyway. My first car was a Mark 7. I think the engine has lots of potential, and a decent enough aftermarket. If you go thorough with the transplant, at least bump up the power some.

C-dubb

CMS-GT4":2unoajzp said:
I have been kicking around this idea myself.
I think if I went the rwd route, i'd stick with the 3sgte.

Anyway. My first car was a Mark 7. I think the engine has lots of potential, and a decent enough aftermarket. If you go thorough with the transplant, at least bump up the power some.

I plan on making it RWD only. To start with i think i will replace the stock egt. manifolds w/ some nice sized headers, also a chip will give me some extra ponies. after i get everything set as far as the engine in and lind up with the rear-end ...i will focus on what kind of rear end and what size gears and all....

BraveUlysses

AWDios":2aozqopk said:
OlyST185":2aozqopk said:

1UZFE.

Actually it was a FWD celica that they convereted to RWD only, If I remember correctly. He just put the GT-Four parts on it.

Nope, it was a GT-Four. Banging out the floor pan to fit a rear driveshaft and differential is not an easy job to do.

C-dubb

...i dont suppose it will be....thats one of the tasks i mentioned before that i thought would be a big hassle.