i just realized that....

kilt88

My plans?

Sure, I'll lay out the specifics here:

1) Once I pull the engine, if the damage is with any of the bores, cylinders, or rods, I'll upgrade to forged rods and pistons, and drop the CR even lower, to 8.0, or even less.

2) Larger injectors, and rail to support. These 540s are near 95% duty at max, and that's running a 12.5:1 A/F. NOT a good position to be in. So I'll just jump right up to 850cc.

3) Softer springs for the Tein HA set.

4) Much better cooling, because I can.

5) Brakes -- no specifics yet

6) fmic - large

7) better turbo -- undecided

That's the 1-year list of planned mods. :)

But hey, I have multiple projects in the works. I have a 165 to resurrect for sale, which will probably be nicer than most 165's on the street right now anyway. Then there's the supercharged Tacoma, getting some goodies soon. I'm actually blogging about all this now at http://blog.185performance.com

Denver_whiteST185

celicamonkey":m1uz30wt said:
Don't get too cocky there Ted. Stating that chris will be the only one that will out do you. Josh has more into his car than you make in a year and he's not done. I just got my car 3 months ago and have a lot into it.

im not trying to be cocky, but by the end of the summer i should be running a twin scroll GT30 8)

BTW Dustin, Quinn went to Colorado Auto today looking for those parts. ill let you know if he found anything when i call him a little later.

___Scott___

Denver_whiteST185":22620nb6 said:
At least one of Scott's 165's is running too, but he's in Colorado Springs.
As of today, they both run. Registration expired on the blue one while I had the engine out, so I still need to get that taken care of before I can really drive it much. A short drive around the neighborhood is all so far... just to check for leaks. So far no noticable leaks. :D

Denver_whiteST185

Thats great scott. You should bring either one or both to the toyota meet that kyle posted up. Its in castlerock so its decently close to you.

its funny. I started this thread cause i thought it was funny that almost every colorado Alltrac was down except mine. But now most of the DD ones are back on the road, cept mine which has been in the icu for three weeks. Now i kinda know how brett feels

bigacuralvr

Yeah, I dropped my old tranny off at Budget yesterday...should have it back within 2 weeks at the latest.

I also loaded up my car on the flatbed to take it over to the new house....so if all goes well, I'd say it'll be running within May.

Brett

l0ch0w

um... mine runs... not well but it runs and drives... so what, that means that im like one of a couple st185's that run in denver???

Denver_whiteST185

hmm, now theres 5-6. this was started when all of a sudden, all of the alltrac's were dropping like flys. Mine still runs, but i have to push start it sometimes (hint to westra...)

Denver_whiteST185

bigacuralvr":21vhn7cp said:
I'll have a running 185 swapped 165 here next week....hopefully.

Ted, are you not buying my starter now?

I'm still planning on it unless westra comes to denver before you do. i still want that JDM one just because its smaller. every pound helps...

I'll call you if anything changes

iKILL

I don't live in denver but my car runs, granted with a limp. It also spits coolant, doesn't display speed, has serious sway bar issues, very poor compression on the fourth cylinder, gets turbo shutter at high boost and takes a while to build boost. But hey I STILL beat a civic, sebring, mazda 6, and a grand am gt!!