PPIHC

Ska_boss

Hey guys I was wondering if any of you were able to make it to this years Hill Climb, it was a blast. I was a little disappointed because there were no Celicas or even Toyotas for that matter ( Figured I'd post this thread here instead of "Other" because it's a pretty local event even if it is international :p ). For those of you who don't know about it it's an annual race to the top of Pikes Peak, 12.4 miles long, 157 turns, half paved half dirt, and a 5,000 foot altitude change, an event the Alltrac was built for :) I'd like to point out that the record was set in 1994 by a Toyota Celica Super Sport Turbo at 10 minutes; 4 seconds. Although, this year it was finally broke by a 2007 Suzuki XL-7 at 10 minutes; 1 second (Japanese motors ftw). I seemed to have lost my digital camera usb cable but as soon as I find it I'll post pics.

Denver_whiteST185

nah, i didn't get a chance to go. that sucks that rod millens car finally got ousted. I took them long enough, he's held that record forever.

iKILL

I was there! I gave a beer to a guy that wrecked his bike just downhill from where we were watching. As for Rod Millens record being broken I think thats just a technicality considering that about 4.5 more miles of the course is paved now than it was when rod set his record. I say get Rhys Millen to have a go at it in the celica next year he'd probably run the course in about 9 minutes and 30 seconds. Honestly he seemed to be going faster in the solstice than the suzuki was when they each passed where we were (180 degree corner below devil's playground called "Start of fourth leg" on the ppihc map.)
Besides who soups up a suzuki? The only suzuki thats really worth a damn is the Hayabusa.

Did you get rained on too? We got drenched about 15 minutes after the race ended. Also I saw a white 185 up there in '05 with some gt4 conversion parts on it, folding mirrors, tail lights, emblems, markers and front bumper I think. That car helped inspire me to buy my all-trac, I always wondered who drove that badace machine.