Calling all pond/rally racer wannabes(myself included)

bridge47

I would love to have informal rally/race where I work in Jan/Feb.

9 miles of plowed snowy/icy roads. Special Stage on pond for additional points.

6 classes:

AWD Production +10% mods per vote of attendees

AWD Anything Goes

RWD Prod.

RWD Anything Goes

FWD Prod.

FWD Anything Goes

Of course if we can't Dan's 165 going its all a bust.

?????????

___Scott___

Hey, if you've got roads suitable for rallycross, I'm sure the guys at http://www.coloradorallycross.org/ would love to talk to you.

If you want to play on ice, we (PPSCC) plan to hold three ice autocrosses on the lakes at Rainbow Falls in Jan. & Feb. '09. We could use some more Toyotas to balance out the flood of Subarus.

bridge47

Would like to keep it small/informal. Legality is an issue. These are forest service roads. Roads would be monitored by radio checkpoints.

Top speed, 60-70 if dry.

More interested in run thru woods than pond. Been out to Rainbow falls, all the action seemed to be with the bikes.

wakkjobb

Well... I'm going back to school in January so the Trac's christening date is pushed back to Spring-ish... unless I get more student loans. If not I'll bring the CRX (with studded tires) just for grins. Where is this super secret place? Any pre-driving/test driving?
Current list of what's left for the 165:

oil lines
remote oil filter
external oil cooler
trans cooler?
coolant lines
exhaust
ball joints
battery to trunk
FMIC piping
registration/plates
new wipers :wink:

Nothing major, right?
Dan

bridge47

Sorry for the late reply but we just had our second child. No secret, just the last 7 miles I take in to work. FS road 211 off CR 126 in Jefferson County till it dead ends at our place.

Want to get together to work on your ride at some point? Let me know.

wakkjobb

Nice update of your siggy... :D

The closest road I can find in my gazetteer is CR 124 that goes by Deer Creek Canyon and/or Deer Mountain. Is that the general area?

I wouldn't mind any help, I think I'd benefit from having a second set of eyes when I'm trying to figure out my 165.

And I just plowed the driveway
(again)

Dan

bridge47

Hwy 24 to

Hwy 67 North to Deckers, about 23 miles

Veer left across Platte river bridge.. this is Hwy 126

After approx 5 miles turn left on Forest service road 211.........
Look for a sign that says Cheeseman resevoir, Goose creek campground etc.

After 2 miles take right. Stay to the left for 7 miles and you will dead end where I work

bridge47

Maintenance supervisor for large guest ranch/resort.

And maybe my idea ain't so hot...being in the Hayman fire area with lots of burned trees, I rounded a corner Mon. and a tree was across the road chest high. Wasn't going that fast but it took out my windshield and customized my roof. At least I wasn't impaled by a branch. Thought car was totaled b/c it damaged window well but glass shop was able to use a spreader to get it trued up.

Oh well, at least it was the beater and not the Trac.