almost rear-ended by...

wakkjobb

...a blue 165 tonight. I was heading east on Austin Bluffs just west of the Academy light around 7. I thought, "Eh, another 162..." then I saw the fog lights! I was so ashamed... I was tempted to follow but I had to meet a friend to give his keys back. I tried to say "Nice All Trac!" when I was going towards Barnes/Powers. And I wanted my 165 to be done so damn bad... the license plate was KBJ something... maybe had some 4s in it. I was in my DD CRX with a million bumper stickers (none actually on the bumpers). It's a slow car... but it gets @35 MPG!

Want my 165 running
Dan

___Scott___

Hi Dan,

I assumed that was you. I slowed down and dropped the window, but you kept dropping back so I figured you were in a hurry to turn onto Barnes.

License to burn?

wakkjobb

Ah, dammit... I had a hunch it was you. I did have to turn on Barnes and was regretting not putting the AT.net decals on both quarter windows... kinda ran out of room on the driver's side.

License to Burn is for the King's Chef diner; I do work on a few employee's cars. When I swap cars for the day there's usually another sticker or three when I get my car back. You ought to try it; the original diner is downtown by Oscar's on Tejon. Actual address is 110 E Costilla. The new uptown place is by Acacia Park; Kiowa and Nevada where Big City Burrito used to be. The green chili is... something else. Ask for it on the side!

Did you hear when I yelled "Yeah, AllTrac!!"

I felt like a tool.... :doh:
Dan

___Scott___

wakkjobb":6w148ocr said:
License to Burn is for the King's Chef diner; I do work on a few employee's cars. When I swap cars for the day there's usually another sticker or three when I get my car back. You ought to try it; the original diner is downtown by Oscar's on Tejon. Actual address is 110 E Costilla. The new uptown place is by Acacia Park; Kiowa and Nevada where Big City Burrito used to be. The green chili is... something else. Ask for it on the side!
Oh yeah, I've been there (the one on Costilla.) The place is pretty good. I drive by the one by Acacia Park pretty often too. I forget the name of the sandwich that has habanero jack cheese on it. It's good going down but later the habanero gets to my stomach. Habanero Doritos do the same thing.

Did you hear when I yelled "Yeah, AllTrac!!"
I felt like a tool.... :doh:
Dan

I didn't hear but I saw. I couldn't actually tell what you were saying but I was guessing something like that. Once in a while someone will do that when my wife is with me and it has finally shown here that it's not just me. She use to bug me about buying a new car. She still doesn't get "it", but she does finally understand that there is something special about an All-Trac.

wakkjobb

I'm surprised you didn't see me smiling when I saw your fog lights... I lit up the intersection! :D

I am so jealous, I want MY 165 to be mobile!
Dan