Anyone still left in the Colorado Springs area?

___Scott___

kilt88":3l2a06yv said:
Scott, are you ok? With the fire and all...
Yeah, we're good. There was no damage on our street, but our subdivision did lose three houses.

We've been evacuated for a week, but my wife got back in today and said everything is just how we left it. No smoke smell inside and only a little outside. The power wasn't out long enough to ruin stuff in the freezer and the stuff in the fridge may be OK too. Once we get the natural gas turned back on we'll be back to normal.

I'm feeling pretty lucky, maybe I should buy a lottery ticket. :D

Update (06-20-13): The gas was turned back on last night, all the pilot lights re-lit, hot water came soon after. I got to sleep in my own bed again. Life is getting back to normal.

kilt88":kawgfzb0 said:
Is this Scott?

Wow, I feel so bad for starting this thread then leaving it for so long... either that or my email notifications weren't set right.

Anyway, I'm Adam. I had the black ST165 that I purchased here in the Springs ten years ago(I'm pretty sure you helped me work on it at one point?). Ended up selling to a friend in '07 and he ended up blowing the engine... I think at least one or two other local forum members had it since then, but I lost track of it after that.

This is what I'm running now:

1995 BMW 540i. Comfortable luxury sedan with a 282HP V8 and a six-speed manual. Way too much work on this one to list, but it's in pretty much solid daily territory as it sits. Might do the few mods you can realistically do to one of these(chip, exhaust, 3.15 LSD) without tossing $5-6K for a supercharger and leave it as a daily; I'm still wanting another '165 down the line but that's a long way out. Taking my time, saving up, and going to look for as clean and unmolested a one as I can get.

I didn't realize we had so many local people. I think I spotted Scott one day a few years back, and I've seen a couple '165s and '185s since then.

wakkjobb

That black 165 was mine for a bit, then I sold it to another local (non-member) who got it running then sold it to Black Label Performance out east Platte by Powers. He bought a white 165 in Woodland Park last I heard; was sitting by bridge_47's place forever... fixed the water pump I think.

I hope to get my red Trac in the shop before winter hits; have a few more projects to knock out first though... as usual.