sequential shifter!!

built2run

damn it i want one of these, all i found was seqshift, and the ikeya-f sequen is there anyone who makes these for our cars? if one for an other car will fit i could do that too, i dont want the lock out type.

built2run

no, i mean just the shift mechanism. look up ikeya-f, they got some for all kinds of cars just not the gt-four/all trac. if i had the cash i would buy the x-trac tranny.....

CMS-GT4

A while back someone was trying to make one on celicatech. I think its a waste. I like the way it feels when I change gears.

etantshi

I think his name was conrad turbo or something. White st185 from up north. Never posts here anymore, but likes it over at celica tech.

Simba

The only "sequential" thing you can do with a H-pattern box is an adapter like the Stillway shifter, which was designed for drag racing. It changes your 1-4 upshifts into an up-down motion. Completely useless on the street.

Learn to shift your H-box properly and you'll never need such crapola.

built2run

i know how to shift but thanks for the concern, ikeya contacted me to say that they dont have one. i dont need it i just would like to fool myself into thinking i have a sequential manual tranny, it might help in an autocross. well i just like the idea, i have missed second once in this car and its the first miss i have had in 2 years, still its not why i want it i was just looking for something new.

Simba

The only way to pull it off with an H-box would be to build a cam/arm system to move the selector arms and actuate it with a pair of air shift pistons, running either a compressed air or nitrogen system.

Alternatively, you could try and find a pair of very high torque stepper motors and use them to do the gear selection, for which you'd need to build a control logic box of some sort.

The downside, of course, is that any failure of the system would either leave you unable to shift, or with a destroyed transmission. But, at least it'd be cheaper than a 20-30k TTE box.

Another option would be to try and source a used Xtrac box from a rally car, and adapt that, but expect to pay at least 5-10k and rebuild it every 3,000 miles.

How is the Toyota MR-S SMG designed, I thought that it used the regular
5-spd manual transmission and converted it to sequential. Maybe you can
use the system from the MR-S ??? I dont hang in the 3rd generation MR2 portion of MR2oc (having a 93 turbo) but might find an answer there.

ummmiono

Simba":17ro1e0f said:
The only way to pull it off with an H-box would be to build a cam/arm system to move the selector arms and actuate it with a pair of air shift pistons, running either a compressed air or nitrogen system.

Alternatively, you could try and find a pair of very high torque stepper motors and use them to do the gear selection, for which you'd need to build a control logic box of some sort.

The downside, of course, is that any failure of the system would either leave you unable to shift, or with a destroyed transmission. But, at least it'd be cheaper than a 20-30k TTE box.

Another option would be to try and source a used Xtrac box from a rally car, and adapt that, but expect to pay at least 5-10k and rebuild it every 3,000 miles.
i have always wanted to do something like that. when i start rallying ill try it out, its just a 165 after all. i think the hard part would be the rev matching. i like this because id still want the option of manual shifting