Clutch issues.....

gt4tified

Hey guys,

Just replaced my clutch with a full ACT unspring 6puck copper clutch, pressure plate and bearing, also redid the clutch line in braided teflon and resurfaced the stock flywheel.

For the first 3 days of driving, the pedal was fine, usual stiffness and felt pressure all the way up. Since yesterday however, the pedal has lost a significant amount of its stiffness...it feels a good deal spongy and the engagement point is considerably lower. I'm sometimes hearing a bit of chatter on neutral with the car in idle as well but I have no problems shifting.

Help???

Klas

Try to bleed the system again and see if that will work.
About that sound I don´t know :shrug: It should not sound that way that´s for sure.

Sifu

It could be your slave or master clutch cylinders going. Have you purchased Speed Sources piston extender or their braided clutch line? I remember how mushy mine was but then that really help with pedal feel. It was significantly stiffer.

gt4tified

Klas":9rhy65ys said:
About that sound I don´t know :shrug: It should not sound that way that´s for sure.

Its like a very light rattle and if I quickly blip the clutch pedal while on idle it will go away (most times). I'm thinking either its not fully disengaging or as you said, I'll have to bleed it again.

Sifu

gt4tified":1l7rfjez said:
Klas":1l7rfjez said:

Its like a very light rattle and if I quickly blip the clutch pedal while on idle it will go away (most times). I'm thinking either its not fully disengaging or as you said, I'll have to bleed it again.
The rattling can be normal. I would only be cautious if the rattling is during neutral or w/ the clutch engaged because that's a sign that it's not disengaging.

**EDIT** Upon reading your posts I've noticed that it's happening during idle and you have a teflon braided line. Bleed the system and check again. if not you may need a piston extender or a new slave clutch cylinder.

gt4tified

Both the slave and master are less than 1 year old and are OEM toyota parts. So maybe its just air that needs to be bled out....let's hope!