OEM vs Aftermarket Release Bearing: Which One?

OEM vs Aftermarket

• OEM release bearing

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • ORC Ogura Release bearing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sbart83

this was just the thread i was looking for. about 2 years ago, i bought and installed the ACT stage 2 clutch kit(carbonized kevlar clutch) with the throwout bearing that came with the kit. about a month ago i started hearing noise and feeling my clutch pedal acting a bit strange. well it got worse and then eventually didnt go into gear. i have it torn apart right now and the clutch, flywheel, and PP seem absolutely fine, that POS throwout bearing was in a million pieces, completely toast. IM going OEM all the way. I dont see a stage 2 kit having that much more of a stiffer PP than stock anyway, i think it'll work just fine

muskokagt4

I purchased a clutchmasters fx300 and used the tob that came with it. I had previously read threads like this and I guess ignored them but I will never do it again. Within a week the bearing made a sound like rod knock. I'm dropping the motor to do a few things and swapping it for oem. Release bearing noises make a nice car sound like shit

Droptop93

I also have an aftermarket release bearing gone bad, centerforce to be exact. Lasted ~5 years. Once i pull it out i will share pics vs. my brand new OEM i just purchased.

Awesome-Trac

This topic is really worrying me now, I just installed a Exedy pressure plate and Clutch with the new throwout bearing it came with...so what I've read so far is that the aftermarket ones seem to wear out way to fast which is bothering me! I only drive about 5miles well let's just say 10 round trip and I rarely push the car at all so hopefully my granny style driving will keep her going