Rav4 close ratio gearbox info

built2run

hey can someone confirm the mr2 first gear ratio please. i have a few transmissions available to me so i would like to know what years have that first gear and i want to be sure of its ratio

bozo-merlin

I use SW20 1st and 2nd in my GB

1: 13/42 = 3.231
2: 23/44 = 1.913

don't know if those ratio change over years / rev / gen of E153 gearbox

bozo-merlin

CMS-GT4":3naztpm1 said:
I find this interesting. If the e250 box is indeed 74/15 compared to the cs 59/15.
So if the CS output shaft has the same amount of teeth as the rav4 output shaft, would one correctly assume that using a rav4 final drive and spacer could produce the 4.933 final drive?
The 15 teeth output shaft of the RAV4 have a smaller diameter than the 15 teeth output shaft of the GT4s, which probably means 74 teeth is bigger than 59 teeth diameter, it probably won't fit.

already not talking about PCD or ttoth shape at the moment :shrug:

CMS-GT4

So in the case of the rav4 box, it is either all or nothing.

I guess I will either still with 185 final drives or look into the phoenix power lower fd. I was just hoping there was a cheap junk yard solution.

bozo-merlin

It's a 93 with LSD but as far as i know LSD not matter

from 9112 to 9908 1st and input shaft are the same on E153F so 2nd is same ratio (it's only a synchro mod in 93)

Hic

there is only one question.

if we could fir diesel gearbox to the celica, that is great! anybody?

Hic

since i will have more than 800hp, I want my gearbox to be LONG, not short.

I want to cruise 200km/h at 4000, and not to listen to roaring engine.

That's why :D

Gniady

\It works fine -last 2 year. - Need foto - write rgniadek2o2.pl
I put final drive 4,933 - 74/15 - to bearbox from celica E56 Viscus LSD.
Gear in E56
1 - 3,538
2 - 2,045
3 - 1,333
4 - 1,028
5 - 0,820
+ final 4,933 -

CMS-GT4

I am interested in your mod, but I can not send you an email. It does not allow me through gmail.

RoAdbOy

UPDATE!
i did not want to make a new thread for this,
now, i must change my synchros or buy a new gearbox for my ST185.
but after reading all topics about the RAV4 gear ratios, i decided to go with it, if i find a cheap one here :)

now:
if i buy a E250F RAV4 complete gearbox;

- is it really a direct bolt-on to my st185? or must i do a modification anywhere to fit the gear box?

- can i use my exedy clutch from E151F in the RAV4 gearbox?

otherwise i know all E series gearboxes are durable, i don't worry about the durability.

has anyone tried it before in a st185?

tubasteve

RoAdbOy":abm1aj4e said:
UPDATE!
i did not want to make a new thread for this,
now, i must change my synchros or buy a new gearbox for my ST185.
but after reading all topics about the RAV4 gear ratios, i decided to go with it, if i find a cheap one here :)

now:
if i buy a E250F RAV4 complete gearbox;

- is it really a direct bolt-on to my st185? or must i do a modification anywhere to fit the gear box?

- can i use my exedy clutch from E151F in the RAV4 gearbox?

otherwise i know all E series gearboxes are durable, i don't worry about the durability.

has anyone tried it before in a st185?

i herd somewhere this trans wont hold up to the abuse of the turbo banging engine. forgot were i read that. and the 4wd unit isnt as strong either.

again i forget were i read this!!!

neat idea.

-jr

RoAdbOy

thank you for the info tubasteve :)

of course a E151F is more durable, but i think the E250F should last 300-350hp's too?
and for a car with that sort of short gearing is 300hp more than enough... not? :)

and as info:

i talked to 'Batman722' from RAV4 community (rav4world.com) and he has down before a 3sgte swapped rav4 with E250F gearbox.
i asked all my questions and he says:

- the E250F is a direct fit transmission for the 3SGTE and the 3SGTE clutch will fit too

tubasteve

When browsing for my clutch i read that too.

If i wasn't already tapping into junes budget today...i might have given this a look.

built2run

Honestly I doubt the people that say a rav4 box won't hold abuse from a high power 3S-GTE if the people posting these things don't make more than stock 3S-FE hp. Sure old tired and mistreated transmissions will break even at low hp, doesn't mean the same box well treated with proper fluids and fluid levels will fail under high hp stresses.