need help with clutch upgrade

pg

Having no real experience with clutches i may need some help picking out the right clutch for my project.

I need something that will hold down SB46 power but also be easy to DD in heavy traffic and be forgiving for slipping. I will be using a stock flywheel.

I noticed a few spec stage 3+ users that are happy with theirs...is that something that may fit my criteria and what are my alternatives?

Thanks!

pg

I looked at those on ats site

stage 3 is up to 350 it says...

What about RPS max street disc?

ST185pinjo

What are you using to controll the SB46 in it's fuel needs? What boost?
I have bought a Blitz Active for my 15-17 psi GT3071 DD.
I have looked into SPEC, ACT, CM and Exedy. I have tested an ORC single and i liked it, a bit faster grab, but ok by me.

Spec is to much of a risk for me, I dont want to do the clutch every year.
Or get a bad one.
ACT 6 puck is hard to get, from being in back order.
CM should be fine. I was also looking at the stage 3. On the MR2oc they also like the clutch. I know someone here that has a FX600 and it was toast after 5000km, so I didn't want that anymore.
Exedy should be good. MR2oc guy's love it and has held up for quite some time.
For me the quest was over when i tested Rene's car with the ORC. I could get it shipped form KO with the turbo kit at the same time. So that is how I made my choice for the Blitz Active(relabeled ORC).
How long it will hold up is stiil unknown for me. Rene has about 12000 km on it and it is still fine.

good luck with your choice.

pg

I'll be using megasquirt for my ems, running up to 20 psi I hope.

So would I need stage CM stage 3 or 4?

ST185pinjo

I would contact ATS for that. They have a stage 4 special build for them.
I was going for a stage 3, but you boosting 20psi maybe you need stage 4.
Contact ATS and find out.

nice project BTW.

pg

Thanks.

Is there a prefered webiste where I can check pricing on these 3+ clutches

I just see regular 3s in most places..

pg

nm I see 935 sells them

they claim stage 2+ is rated at 399 ft/lb...wouldn't that be enough to accomodate the sb46?

Gary ST165

RPS street max is organic (very streetable and durable), but despite 450 ft lbs torque rating it will smell if launched hard. (make sure your master and slave are in tip top condition for proper disengagement)

i bought one ages ago but yet to install :oops:

The previously mentioned Clutch masters fx300 as on the mtbuggies link (great price too) is also popular in the UK, more so with the owners that like to street and launch hard! (sacrifice over organic is a faster wearing flywheel)

clutchmastersfx300.jpg

gt4tified

pg":14wx971m said:
Let me read up on it.

How new is "like new"

Has anyone heard anything good/bad about these clutches:
http://www.185performance.com/zen/index ... ucts_id=18

on sale for 391 with 450 ft/lb holding capacity
seems good for the price, whats the catch?

Like new as in it seems to have been installed and maybe driven for a month or less....barely any scratches on the lovely blue cover! The disc meat looks all there and the spline is in excellent shape, no sign of wear.