Page 1 of 2

Transmision tuning.....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:28 am
by Bob
Might be a stupid question but how do u tune the transmision such as gear ratios on the alltrac? Is that done with a stand alone or do u need something else?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:59 am
by LegacyofDan
when u say standalone, u dont mean like standalone ems? do you??!?! :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:01 am
by RedCelicaTRD
You have to pull the transmission apart and change the gears.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:51 am
by Bob
i was thinking about ems but i didnt see how that would do anything and i was thinking bout taking apart the transmision but that seems like a lot of work and studying....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:54 am
by RedCelicaTRD
Taner wrote:and i was thinking bout taking apart the transmision but that seems like a lot of work and studying....


That's why people don't do it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:24 pm
by Nitro_Alltrac
Taner wrote:i was thinking about ems but i didnt see how that would do anything and i was thinking bout taking apart the transmision but that seems like a lot of work and studying....


It is a lot of work and complicated. If you've never had a tranny apart, don't start with the one in your car unless it's not working now. If you want to learn about them, get the manual and find you an old used one. It will save you a lot of headaches.

Re: Transmision tuning.....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:02 am
by Meurz
Taner wrote:how do u tune the transmision such as gear ratios on the alltrac? Is that done with a stand alone or do u need something else?

You serious? :|

Re: Transmision tuning.....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:40 am
by LegacyofDan
Meurz wrote:
Taner wrote:how do u tune the transmision such as gear ratios on the alltrac? Is that done with a stand alone or do u need something else?

You serious? :|


that is pretty much my thoughts exactly. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:59 pm
by Nitro_Alltrac
This isn't the only thread with this question from the same author.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:24 pm
by lumbercis
No need to flame guys. Obviously a newb question, but everyone has to start somewhere.

@taner: On a manual transmisson car, the gearbox functioning is completely mechanical, so the EMS doesn't come in to play. If you want to change your gear ratios you would have to break open your gearbox and physically replace the gears with something else. An easier option is to just replace the whole gearbox with a box with closer ratios (if that's what you want) such as the RC box.

The only time your cars ecu would come into play with your gearing is if you were running an automatic.

Read up on transmissions on howstuffworks.com and it will be clearer.

J.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:48 pm
by Meurz
lumbercis wrote:No need to flame guys. Obviously a newb question, but everyone has to start somewhere.

No offence, but although flaming is a hot topic on here at the moment, this (assume you mean my post) is nothing like flaming.

It's just that if you wonder about ANYthing, a Google or a search on here would get you the answer in most cases. If you are looking for info, you search before you ask, right? Same goes for 'I want 500 hp, what do I need' and 'Will these Supra wheels fit', etc..

Ah well, next time I won't open my mouth. :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:09 pm
by lumbercis
I wasn't referring to your post Rene. I agree with you on the search and it's usually what I do if I have a question (thus my relatively light post count). :D I just remember when I didn't know how to change the oil on my car. Sometimes even a really basic question is a valid question.

Probably would have been better posted in the Newb section though. :smokes:

J.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:25 pm
by wannabe toms racer
so taner, whens your buddy gonna get a membership here? he needs ta get aquainted with the clan here so you dont have to get shit when ya post for him hay? :wink: jus f*kin wit ya guy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:03 am
by CMS-GT4
Meurz wrote:Ah well, next time I won't open my mouth. :)


Well I like reading your posts.

Re: Transmision tuning.....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:26 pm
by brutekiller787
Tune the trasmission? I think someone's been playing too much Forza