Noob Question. Short Shifter

alright sounds good but i was looking at the list of the dofferent kind of ones you can get for the celica and some say RHD beside them. Do you think this means the kit will work with both LHD and RHD for my year or do they not make them at all?

Here is the list:
- 88-89 Toyota Celica (GT,GT-S,ST,All-Trac/GT4) $164.95
- 90-91 Toyota Celica (GT,GT-S,ST) $154.95
- 90-91 Toyota Celica Turbo 4WD / GT4 $164.95
- 92-93 Toyota Celica (GT,GT-S,ST,All-Trac Turbo/GT4) $164.95
- 94-99 Toyota Celica (GT,GT-S,ST) $154.95
- 00-01 USD Toyota Celica (GT,GT-S) $132.95
- 00-04 Toyota Celica Right Hand Drive(UK,AUS,JAP) $132.95
- 02 and up Toyota Celica Left Hand Drive(GT,GT-S) $132.95

Dracov

The biggest difference will be which side the stick will lean toward. For an RC the one marked as GT4 should do I imagine.

bloodMoney

Dracov is correct on this one. The 92-93 shifter assy has a different mechanical feature that is different from the 90-91 cars. IIRC there was no difference from the standard to the RC models...

~bloodMoney

st185rc

i do, it's a 92 assembly follow the instructions that they send you or the ones you can print off and you'll be fine, i do suggest memorizing how the two pins hold the shifter assembly it was a pain in the ass to get them back in. get some lithium grease for the shifter as it doesn't come with any lube. use a pair of gloves too while trying to separate the ball of the stick from the plastic housing, those edges on the housing can be really sharp even though they're plastic. oh, and have something magnetic so you can pick up the nuts and bolts if they ever fall into the tunnel. that's all the advice i can give off the top of my head.

the twm shifter is centered and does not lean to the right like the stock one.

yah i emailed them and they said the 91 kit is the exact same as the 92-93 kit except for 1 little extra piece so it should all be good. Thanks for the help guys

Gary ST165

:doh: why bother> ? the RC shift leaver and throw is shorter than 90-91 & 92-93 cars.

my 2psi. be happy with what you got. RC its pretty much spot on from factory. i can see no reason to buy anything else :shrug: unless you like destroying the gearbox selector mech and synchroniser rings.