Not so Big Red Brake Caliper Kits

freddie

Recently I purchased through EBay from a vendor in the UK Big Red Calipers overhaul seal kits for ST205 Calipers. Both front and rear caliper seal kits
and 2 pistons for the rear. These are the Sumitomo Caliper.

When it came to installing the new seals etc (starting with the rear calipers) I noted there was no casting seals. (they are the little flat O ring seals
that go between the two halves of the caliper) So I used the casting seals from the front kits.

Then I sent Big Red an email asking them to post me 4 more of the 12mm diameter seals.

Instead of them thinking of good PR and common sense they went on the defensive. Saying that they do not include casting seals in their kits blah blah. However they will supply them free, but I will have to pay 8.65 UK pounds for freight costs to Australia. My thoughts here is yeah right I am not getting them for free.

So I sent another email back to them asking, if the casting seals are not included, how come they are in the front kits? No freight just Post them. They weigh less than a Christmas Card and should cost about the same to post. Back comes another email more garbage blar blar blar.

I sent one more email back saying that I will source the little seals somewhere else and that good PR goes a long way, but bad PR goes even further.
Hence I am doing this write up here.

FC Zach

Damn, all that fuss over a few o-rings! They should have owned up to that whether it's their fault for the seals being absent or not, it doesn't cost anything. Some peoples customer service is lacking. .

freddie

I just got an email from big Red "sorry you still feel that way. Your seals are already on their way' Huh?

Looks like I have had a bit of a win. Why in the hell didn't they just do this in the first place I will never know?

The damage is done. Would you buy caliper seal kits from them?