Front Plate LSD Available Now

kevzep

Hi Guys,
Finally, we have available to ship now, Front Plate LSD, its a 1.5 way, and it is a complete assembly which locks the drive to the rear.
Just gauging interest here, I am not sure if I am allowed to advertise here or not, but I thought since its drive train related I would post here first.
They are in New Zealand, we can ship anywhere in the world.
10.jpg

kevzep":1z8oq1oy said:
Hi Guys,
Finally, we have available to ship now, Front Plate LSD, its a 1.5 way, and it is a complete assembly which locks the drive to the rear.
Just gauging interest here, I am not sure if I am allowed to advertise here or not, but I thought since its drive train related I would post here first.
They are in New Zealand, we can ship anywhere in the world.
So it's a complete front and center assembly? And the only thing affecting drive to the rear diff is the Viscous Coupling??

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

kevzep

eric thompson":1u0fh3ra said:
So it's a complete front and center assembly? And the only thing affecting drive to the rear diff is the Viscous Coupling??

Its a complete front LSD, there is no centre in there, the housing locks the drive to the rear, the VC becomes redundant.
Hope that makes sense.

kevzep

GT4_DRED":2kby9kz7 said:
What has testing been like and whats the cost?

Its been in my Rally Car for 12 months, I have done over 15 events, mostly gravel. I am a lot quicker than before (2sec quicker per Kilometre), car is easier to drive, more predictable, less understeer, can be more aggressive driving it.
I have not had any issues at all with it. Its very easy to fit.

The Price is $2,750NZ, + $150NZ approx Shipping to USA.

I am currently sitting in 2nd place in the Classic 4WD class in a very competitive series.

kevzep":fvbipogs said:
GT4_DRED":fvbipogs said:
What has testing been like and whats the cost?

Its been in my Rally Car for 12 months, I have done over 15 events, mostly gravel. I am a lot quicker than before (2sec quicker per Kilometre), car is easier to drive, more predictable, less understeer, can be more aggressive driving it.
I have not had any issues at all with it. Its very easy to fit.

The Price is $2,750NZ, + $150NZ approx Shipping to USA.

I am currently sitting in 2nd place in the Classic 4WD class in a very competitive series.

Please provide more info and pics when possible. I'm also a little stumped on it's overall operation... Since the FD spins the center diff, which then sends power to the VC. Half the VC sends power to the front diff, the other half sends power to the rear diff (outer rotating assembly and inner rotating assembly). Not sure how to make the VC redundant as it's the direct link to both front and rear diffs...

kevzep

Sure, the website, is not far away from going online.
I'll post a link here when it does, there are pictures and diagrams of how it works...
Give me a reminder in a couple of weeks if I haven't posted...

VC provides LSD action between centre diff and rear transfer in the standard setup.

andycaca

Hello
Can we have an update and more info on this please?
I'm interested solely in tarmac applications, as I sprint and circuit race my car.

Does this provide limited slip across the front axle, and also between the front and rear axles? I suppose what I'm getting at is, does this LSD do anything that might be considered "bad" in circumstances where this is always 100% grip and no wheelspin (aside from launching off the line).

I assume it's compatible (won't get in the way of) of a 5 speed dogbox gearset?

Thanks
Andy

andycaca":d6mggkby said:
Hello
I'm interested solely in tarmac applications, as I sprint and circuit race my car.

Does this provide limited slip across the front axle, and also between the front and rear axles? I suppose what I'm getting at is, does this LSD do anything that might be considered "bad" in circumstances where this is always 100% grip and no wheelspin (aside from launching off the line).

Thanks
Andy

What dog kit are you planning to use? I am planning a new dog transmission now as well. Several kits out there.

Mike

kevzep

andycaca":nbvk8yea said:
Hello

Thanks
Andy

We are getting a web site running, I'm just checking now to see when its going online. We have some diagrams of how it works which will be on there.

The diff is a 1.5way plate Front LSD, the drive to the rear due to the design of the front housing and shaft arrangement locks the drive to the rear, the Viscous Coupling becomes redundant.

I can't imagine why it would get in the way of a dog gear-set, it just replaces the existing front/centre diff housing, it bolts right up to the crown wheel.

kevzep

eric thompson":1c4q6amk said:
Any updates on this or the website??

They are available to buy any time you want....I'll have to check in about the website, I'm not dealing with that side of it so I don't know where they're at...

We've sold a few, but there is not the interest I thought there would be in it, and I am just the test subject so I am not sure how hard Dodsons Autoparts are pushing them.

kevzep":1811exr8 said:
eric thompson":1811exr8 said:

They are available to buy any time you want....I'll have to check in about the website, I'm not dealing with that side of it so I don't know where they're at...

We've sold a few, but there is not the interest I thought there would be in it, and I am just the test subject so I am not sure how hard Dodsons Autoparts are pushing them.
Ok. Understandably, I'm looking for some comprehensive info, specs, pics, fitment description, and changes to shaft arrangement...
It's big coin to go just off a forum post. No offense

kevzep

eric thompson":3gu3qji8 said:
kevzep":3gu3qji8 said:
eric thompson":3gu3qji8 said:

Ok. Understandably, I'm looking for some comprehensive info, specs, pics, fitment description, and changes to shaft arrangement...
It's big coin to go just off a forum post. No offense

Sure, PM me your email and I can send you what i have.
Fitment is easy, just transfer your old crown wheel and speedo drive over to the new diff, slip some side bearings on it and drop it in.
There's no change to any shafts or anything like that, its very very simple.
The ramps for the plates are arranged in a 1.5 way configuration.
But as I say, PM me an email, I have some pictures and stuff.

What are the spec's you're after? I will see if I can can get those too...