Need Shift Cables

alltrac801

Just found out I have a broken shift cable. Can anyone tell me where I can buy a set of cables for a 1991 all-trac?

The used market or a place called "California Push-Pull" for upgraded cables. I will be sending my core cables to them for sizing and some of the fittings.

lalojamesliz1

JRWperformance":cse0d6q5 said:
The used market or a place called "California Push-Pull" for upgraded cables. I will be sending my core cables to them for sizing and some of the fittings.

did you ever send your cables? I'm curious to see if they can make or rebuild our oem cables.

lalojamesliz1

CSAlltrac":1wp5hp68 said:
California Push Pull already has Celica specs from when the built mine. They have worked flawless.

:D
so did they build a new set or rebuild your old ones? I'm guessing new
would you happen to remember the price? roughly

CSAlltrac

lalojamesliz1":2y4ei09m said:
CSAlltrac":2y4ei09m said:
California Push Pull already has Celica specs from when the built mine. They have worked flawless.

Brand new set. They were around $275 IIRC

Magroo

That's not a terrible price considering I see used ones go for $2-300 on eBay. I may end up ordering some too.

lalojamesliz1

CSAlltrac":vtos35lp said:
lalojamesliz1":vtos35lp said:
CSAlltrac":vtos35lp said:

Brand new set. They were around $275 IIRC
I'd gladly pay that to keep driving my all-trac if one broke.

I just called them and they want a picture of the shifter cables to see what parts they would need to re-use..... I told him a friend of mine purchased a new set from them but he still wants pics. I'll try to find some and see what he says

97JZA80

When they did mine years ago they were custom made so I dont think you would see pics online. They did require your cables at that time to repurpose the end fittings.

alltrac801

So I ordered some shift cables off EBAY for a 90-93 Celica. They didn't specify what model but I figured it wasn't for the All-Trac but I've read that they all still work. I got them installed in my car yesterday. The only difference was the way they mount to the transmission. Made a washer / C-plate to make it work correctly. Now she is shifting smooth as can be.

lalojamesliz1

alltrac801":5a8ubef2 said:
So I ordered some shift cables off EBAY for a 90-93 Celica. They didn't specify what model but I figured it wasn't for the All-Trac but I've read that they all still work. I got them installed in my car yesterday. The only difference was the way they mount to the transmission. Made a washer / C-plate to make it work correctly. Now she is shifting smooth as can be.

Man that's good to hear. Can you post a link?