Need Shift Cables

Magroo

I think I might have a hoarding problem because even though I just bought that set off ebay month ago I feel like I need to buy another set since they are brand new.

alltrac801

I have a problem too lol but for that price I couldn't resist! I don't know how long they have been selling these for but im way happy I found them.

underscore

I'm on team hording problem too, I ordered a set to have just in case as well :rofl: . I got a couple discount codes that seem to be reuseable as well:

7NQDQ 3% off

KZKY3 5% off

underscore

Mine showed up today, they look and feel well made but I can't confirm the fitment. Fingers crossed that I never need to lol.

alltrac801

I got mine really quick too and they look really good. One of the boots wasn't crimped like it was supposed to be but not a big deal. I might be checking fitment sooner than later but that will all depend if I pass emissions or not.

msanders2

I’d be careful with MR2 heaven parts, Richard Pham is notorious for ripping off other people’s designs and having his parts manufactured very cheaply.

I got the ST185 cables. Ive compared them to the stock ST165 cables and they are ALMOST identical in dimensions. Everything looks right on the trans side. But they are a bit different on the shifter side. Measuring from the base of the cable mount to the end, the st185 cables are about 20-25mm longer. It looks like they will need to be shortend, or the mounting bracket will need to be moved forward to compensate. Other than that, they look good and are an option for the 165 drivers out there. Ill try to install this weekend.

alltrac801

That's way nice if they fit the St165 too. I'm just glad there is a relatively cheap option for new shift cables for our cars! Of course that's after I paid way to much for a used pair.

Looks like they are different from the ST165. I took forever getting back to the project. The dimensions are a bit off. The left/right cable is about 2 inches too long. Looks like I'll be cutting the cables up. The cable housing will be fine though. I'll be replacing the trans side with a threaded rod end for some adjustment.

I did the measurements and modified my MR2Heaven ST185 cables to fit in my ST165.

I cut 16mm of length off the CABLE for the forward and back shift cable. And I removed 48mm from the side to side cable. There was enough material to cut it off the shifter side and weld back together. I have them in the car and they feel great! I also installed my spherical bearings into the trans side to get rid of the crappy rubber bushings. I did nothing to the cable housings themselves.

Hope this helps the ST165 guys that need cables.

calyzoo

I know I'm bumping an old thread here, but wanted to see if anyone has thrown in the MR2Heaven cables in their ST185 without any modifications or issues. I measured them against my existing cables and they are slightly longer but less so than what others were saying with their ST165 cables.