E154F transmission rebuild information

lalojamesliz1

Hey guys,
So I'm about to separate the e154f from the gen3 I just bought and I was wondering does anyone have a list of parts that would be needed to freshen up the e154f? Like the syncros and other important things that wear out? I just hope I can still buy these things.

Magroo

I'd like to know this also.

My memory is a little fuzzy but I think I remember reading that the e150f(st185) can be upgraded to dual cone syncros like in the e154f(st205).

lalojamesliz1

Magroo":2g9cgmv1 said:
I'd like to know this also.

My memory is a little fuzzy but I think I remember reading that the e150f(st185) can be upgraded to dual cone syncros like in the e154f(st205).

I remember seeing the st205 trans has triple cone synchros.... I could be wrong though

CMS-GT4

You should be able to buy as needed. There could be rebuild kits but I did not see a PN for one. I know in the past it was cheaper to find another gtfour box than to rebuild one. 205 boxes are much more expensive these days, so it might be worth rebuilding if you have the skill. I have not done it myself, so I don't have first hand experience.

lalojamesliz1

CMS-GT4":1mtg2w0c said:
You should be able to buy as needed. There could be rebuild kits but I did not see a PN for one. I know in the past it was cheaper to find another gtfour box than to rebuild one. 205 boxes are much more expensive these days, so it might be worth rebuilding if you have the skill. I have not done it myself, so I don't have first hand experience.

I wanted to buy the synchros and save them and then when they began to fail I would either get brave and try to replace them or find someone. I dont want to wait until these parts aren't available anymore and be screwed

Magroo

Quick google search on a couple of the synchro part numbers showed they were still in use in various cars up until at least 2015 in the scion xB.

I dont think there is any imediate danger of them not being available in the short term, and they are on that borderline of being slightly expensive if you buy them all.

lalojamesliz1

Magroo":11oytejw said:
Quick google search on a couple of the synchro part numbers showed they were still in use in various cars up until at least 2015 in the scion xB.

I dont think there is any imediate danger of them not being available in the short term, and they are on that borderline of being slightly expensive if you buy them all.

Sweet! Thanks for sharing that