How to remove rear axle stub from diff

91ST185JDM

Hi guys,
I have a 1991 JDM ST185 which is leaking oil from the rear diff axle seal at the near side.
I bought a new oil seal, went to change it at the weekend, disconnected the driveshaft off the axle stub, but cannot for the life of me get the axle stub to come out from the diff. I believe there is just a locating ring that holds the stub into the diff and should prise out?
I have now removed the diff to have a better look but I still can't see how to remove the axle stub.

Any info on how to remove the axle stub from the rear diff would be much appreciated.
I have attached a picture of my diff so you can the type.

Thanks
Andy

diff.jpg

simple

Pry the gap slightly. Just enough to get it to glide and then you pull the whole assembly.

91ST185JDM

There is a small amount of movement about 2mm when I pry it, then it locks up. I have tried hammering in chisels where I have marked on the pic to try and wedge it out but it still doesn’t move any further, how hard would I need to hit it?
Is the retaining clip just like the clip on the front shafts that should locate itself and pull out along with the stub, or is it like a circlip that I’ll need to remove before pulling out the stub?

F49C1F54-ABAE-4DE1-960A-3DCB3E37BC02.jpeg