Corolla GT-FOUR/turbo All-Trac Build

plaidward

Celica All trac experts. I need some help on some elctrical and vacuum issues I need to work out for my Corolla ST205 3s-gte build.

Here's a quick current state of the project.

A. Where is this supposed to go?
Ans: Stock BOV

B.(little hose)/C.(big hose) These lines, where should they end up?
Ans: C.Catch can.

D.(upper)/E.(lower) One of these maybe connects to C.?
Ans: A/C Idle up.

F. What is this blue connector for?

G.(small white)/H.(big white)/J.(grey)/K.(black) Does anyone know where these body connectors go or what the pin-outs are?
G.) IN1-white 8 pin - A/C
H.) II1-white 19 pin - boost/speed/ABS/engine oil
J.) II2-Grey 13 pin - still need pins 1 and 8 -
K.) IJ1-Dark grey 17 pin - still need pin 2 - ABS/Fuel pump/etc

Same G./H./J./K. as above

L.(small hose from charge cooler) Does anyone have a PCV catch can for sale?

M.(Left small hose)/N.(right small hose)/P.(larger hose) I'm guessing M or N connect to charcoal canister and P to one of D/E? But i have no idea.

Here's L. again on the right.

Q. Is this to the brake booster? It's the same location as the corolla brake booster vacuum line.
Ans: Brake Booster

R. everything coming out of the junction block. headlights and things? some probably go back to the kick panel block under the fender? I'd like to splice the harnesses here, partially.
Part of R. cut harnesses is connector EA1 - white 17 pin - holds power circuit to body and a bunch more misc.

This is a disassembled 1989 corolla all-trac 4AFE harness. I'm working on splicing everything toether so I don't have to go standalone... buuut, maybe I should. whatever, this is a starting point. I'd love to figure it out so I can put together a how-to for people that also want to do it.

Also, here's my build on the wagon forum.
http://www.alltracwagon.net/forum/v-pos ... 77/post-1/

mkernz22

A) To the stock bypass valve. Can install aftermarket BOV there.

C) Bigger hose goes to the stock catch can, which is what's missing in L. The catch can has a stock drain built in so it goes back into the block.

D/E) Your A/C Idle Up Valve. Don't need it if you're not putting A/C in.

Q) I believe it is for the booster

plaidward

I'm curious, can someone measure a celica radiator?
I'd like to see if a celica rad will fit, since the hose attachment location differs.

Attachments

• 20140827083239_69790.jpg
    20140827083239_69790.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 4,285
  • 20140902085027_34265.jpg
    20140902085027_34265.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 4,285
  • rad dimensions.JPG
    rad dimensions.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 4,285

plaidward

Figured out a bit more on my own.
I ended up going through the Electrical wiring diagrams(EWD) for the st205 and mostly determined the pinouts for the 3 body harness connectors. These would be G.(small white), H.(big white), J.(grey), and K.(black) connectors.
Officially, they are:
G.) IN1-white 8 pin - A/C
H.) II1-white 19 pin - boost/speed/ABS/engine oil
J.) II2-Grey 13 pin - still need pins 1 and 8 -
K.) IJ1-Dark grey 17 pin - still need pin 2 - ABS/Fuel pump/etc

Also, part of R. cut harnesses was EA1 connector in the junction box.
I still need pins 9, 10,14,16 off of this connector.

plaidward

Here's a bit of the madness that has been this harness. I've started labelling every cut wire and have a good idea where almost all of them are going.

For example, this guy goes to the horn switch. and the image below is where I figured that out. It's also labelled on the bottom where the information is in the Electrical Wiring Diagram (EWD).

I need some help with pins 1 and 8 below. They arent labelled or shown in the EWD I have!

I need some help with the pink/black or red/black pin below. Not labelled or shown in the EWD I have!
The other 2 are ABS, which I don't have.

Here's another example of the cut wires. And where this wire comes from in the image below this one.

I need some help with the light green/black wire below. Anyone know where this goes?

Lastly, what's the best way to pull off the down pipe and CAT? I can't get to 2 bolts and stipped them in frustration.... Probably will have to pull the headers now, but I'd rather not.

plaidward":3rlau548 said:
Here's a bit of the madness that has been this harness. I've started labelling every cut wire and have a good idea where almost all of them are going.

For example, this guy goes to the horn switch. and the image below is where I figured that out. It's also labelled on the bottom where the information is in the Electrical Wiring Diagram (EWD).

I need some help with pins 1 and 8 below. They arent labelled or shown in the EWD I have!

I need some help with the pink/black or red/black pin below. Not labelled or shown in the EWD I have!
The other 2 are ABS, which I don't have.

Here's another example of the cut wires. And where this wire comes from in the image below this one.

I need some help with the light green/black wire below. Anyone know where this goes?

Lastly, what's the best way to pull off the down pipe and CAT? I can't get to 2 bolts and stipped them in frustration.... Probably will have to pull the headers now, but I'd rather not.

II2 pin8 orange i found was to the ecm from rear light relay. I am going by my old notes and believe it was from the running lights.
pin 1 brown wasn't on my harness, but if you meter it to the other brown on pin11, you may find it is just another ground point

IJ2 pink/black is part of the economy ac system. I removed ac so i deleted it
white/blue seemed to be a spare to the check connector on my harness
white/red also seemed to be another spare to the check connector

plaidward

SkagTits165":162abweg said:
plaidward":162abweg said:
need some help
II2 pin8 orange i found was to the ecm from rear light relay. I am going by my old notes and believe it was from the running lights.
pin 1 brown wasn't on my harness, but if you meter it to the other brown on pin11, you may find it is just another ground point

IJ2 pink/black is part of the economy ac system. I removed ac so i deleted it
white/blue seemed to be a spare to the check connector on my harness
white/red also seemed to be another spare to the check connector
Thank you! :D :D

plaidward

Hey, I still need some help on this, please look at the first post.
I moved this summer, so the projects all got packed and moved as well. This is pretty low priority with how busy work is, but any help would get me moving on this project again.

discoinferno218

Hey man, sweet build. I am literally doing the exact same one, with a few differences. Did the mounts line up good? What did you do/plan to do for the passenger side mount?

plaidward

discoinferno, mounts are challenging, still trying to understand what others have done with them. the LH looks the same but has a slightly different offset right to left; the front mount is a bit different too with hole spacing, bracket, and offset; RH is the most difficult; Rear looks near identical, but is also just slightly different. I'm trying to determine what others have done, if they used the corolla or the celica mounts to make it line up. I want to basically build a parts list so more people can do this swap for cheaper after I get it figured out. every build is different I guess as mine is attempting to make it a "what would toyota have done" type build.