Bringing a ST185 back from the dead one last time

Talk about your project car here

Re: Bringing a ST185 back from the dead one last time

Postby awdmofo » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:45 pm

It's like xmas here everyday it seems!! Rebuilt CV's and i got all 4 injectors cleaned and flow tested at RC engineering here in LA. They were pretty dirty and some flowed only 257cc's, all 4 now flow at 449-450cc's and came with all new gaskets :D .

Image
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
2021 Jeep Gladiator (daily)
1990 All-trac current money pit (being rebuilt) :roll:
Full interior part out! https://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=53883
User avatar
awdmofo
Club Member
 
Posts: 231
Images: 7
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 3:06 am

Re: Bringing a ST185 back from the dead one last time

Postby awdmofo » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:47 am

So after a long time coming I finally moved out of my moms basement 8) and i'm renting a house with a 2 car garage (that im only using to rebuild my car :D . I have to paint the RC replica bumper, parts of the front end and the engine bay and it will be ready to accept the engine that i've waited nearly 1.5 years to get back from my mechanic. Something I never noticed about the passenger side fender until I started cleaning up the engine bay was that the fender was an aftermarket piece. Apparently its not even a 2 piece fender like the OEM one, see below. Now I got to either buy carbon fiber ones for weight reduction, or locate another one from a GTS or all-trac :roll: .

Image

Image

Image
2021 Jeep Gladiator (daily)
1990 All-trac current money pit (being rebuilt) :roll:
Full interior part out! https://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=53883
User avatar
awdmofo
Club Member
 
Posts: 231
Images: 7
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 3:06 am

Re: Bringing a ST185 back from the dead one last time

Postby awdmofo » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:56 am

With a little help from the GF, the celica went on a diet this weekend :D

Image
2021 Jeep Gladiator (daily)
1990 All-trac current money pit (being rebuilt) :roll:
Full interior part out! https://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=53883
User avatar
awdmofo
Club Member
 
Posts: 231
Images: 7
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 3:06 am

Re: Bringing a ST185 back from the dead one last time

Postby awdmofo » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:36 pm

Decided since there was a brand new set of TRD front brake pads in the trunk (I wonder if they're 15 or 30 years old?) when I bought this car 4.5 years ago I'd mate it with some nice slotted rotors from R1 Concepts. All 4 rotors are rusted to hello so I bought some OEM style rear rotors from R1 as well. Quality looks good, I won't know how well they work until I get my engine finished and installed this summer. I wonder what kind of performance pads I should run in the rear? EBC red or yellow stuff?

Image

Image

Image
2021 Jeep Gladiator (daily)
1990 All-trac current money pit (being rebuilt) :roll:
Full interior part out! https://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=53883
User avatar
awdmofo
Club Member
 
Posts: 231
Images: 7
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 3:06 am

Re: Bringing a ST185 back from the dead one last time

Postby Alikazam » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:49 am

Just read this whole thread! Dedication for sure. Get that thing running around! :D Good job and keep up the updates :)
1990 Celica Alltrac - Emma
Gen 3 engine
KO Racing Street Brawler - Precision 5130 Turbo
KO Racing In Factory ECU Case - Link G4x ECU
327 AWHP @ 18psi - pump gas
Image
Alikazam
Club Member
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:10 pm

1990 Toyota Celica

Re: Bringing a ST185 back from the dead one last time

Postby Tippo » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:49 pm

Awesome job my man. I don't have the balls for a total gut like that, but kudos. I just did brakes as well lol.
[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/ACtC-3c1L8NhQowsE_rAq32TEFdslLmz_K03tIsFmBOMvx3ror1TiyVaZAJ_yCRewcr5Wa8Tm2AbuClE8JjsWfuk1OQYWbnH7tw17J1u2eyi-hMr5T0eIXIbe49USDQaT0-3qcCSCcQJSUrVUPlj9WSaokcYRg=w532-h189-no?authuser=0[/img]
User avatar
Tippo
Club Member
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:31 am
Location: CT

Re: Bringing a ST185 back from the dead one last time

Postby awdmofo » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:40 am

Alikazam wrote:Just read this whole thread! Dedication for sure. Get that thing running around! :D Good job and keep up the updates :)


Thanks, I love this car, never going to part ways with it like I did my first one. Gonna have to bury in this sucka! fingers crossed my mechanic comes through this weekend like he's said a million time already, and delivers the engine/trans fully built. That way i can put the top half of the engine back together and slide this sucker into the car. I still need to drop the gas tank, replace the fuel pump with a Supra TT one, clean out the tank and replace the fuel filter. So much to do, so little time with my work :cry: :cry: :twisted:
2021 Jeep Gladiator (daily)
1990 All-trac current money pit (being rebuilt) :roll:
Full interior part out! https://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=53883
User avatar
awdmofo
Club Member
 
Posts: 231
Images: 7
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 3:06 am

Re: Bringing a ST185 back from the dead one last time

Postby awdmofo » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:45 am

Tippo wrote:Awesome job my man. I don't have the balls for a total gut like that, but kudos. I just did brakes as well lol.


HAHA, I did this mostly with my first black 90 st-185 to put in a roll cage and 8" subs in these tube looking boxes that looked like nos bottles. I was so dumb with my stereo when I was a teenager :twisted: . This time though, im taking the headliner out, all the carpet, A/C parts, glove box, Every ounce of stuff I don't need is getting gutted :D
2021 Jeep Gladiator (daily)
1990 All-trac current money pit (being rebuilt) :roll:
Full interior part out! https://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=53883
User avatar
awdmofo
Club Member
 
Posts: 231
Images: 7
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 3:06 am

Re: Bringing a ST185 back from the dead one last time

Postby Alikazam » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:12 am

I just redid the rear seat mounts for the gen 7 seats in my alltrac over here and I'm like... That was a lot of work! Lol keep going man!
1990 Celica Alltrac - Emma
Gen 3 engine
KO Racing Street Brawler - Precision 5130 Turbo
KO Racing In Factory ECU Case - Link G4x ECU
327 AWHP @ 18psi - pump gas
Image
Alikazam
Club Member
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:10 pm

1990 Toyota Celica

Re: Bringing a ST185 back from the dead one last time

Postby Tippo » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:27 pm

awdmofo wrote:
Alikazam wrote:Just read this whole thread! Dedication for sure. Get that thing running around! :D Good job and keep up the updates :)


Thanks, I love this car, never going to part ways with it like I did my first one. Gonna have to bury in this sucka! fingers crossed my mechanic comes through this weekend like he's said a million time already, and delivers the engine/trans fully built. That way i can put the top half of the engine back together and slide this sucker into the car. I still need to drop the gas tank, replace the fuel pump with a Supra TT one, clean out the tank and replace the fuel filter. So much to do, so little time with my work :cry: :cry: :twisted:


Boy I know this feeling. I fully restored a 90 ST185 (it's in the project thread) and it was gorgeous. I wasn't in a good place in life, so I sold it wayyy under price ($5500) in 2013. I ended up with my recent car by sheer tenacity and luck. I'll be buried in my ST185 as well lol.

As for the gas tank drop and the supra TT install - it's pretty easy to do. Check my project Lazarus thread, I did the exact same thing with the exact same fuel pump. I have a step by step guide for the most part if you're interested lol.
[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/ACtC-3c1L8NhQowsE_rAq32TEFdslLmz_K03tIsFmBOMvx3ror1TiyVaZAJ_yCRewcr5Wa8Tm2AbuClE8JjsWfuk1OQYWbnH7tw17J1u2eyi-hMr5T0eIXIbe49USDQaT0-3qcCSCcQJSUrVUPlj9WSaokcYRg=w532-h189-no?authuser=0[/img]
User avatar
Tippo
Club Member
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:31 am
Location: CT

Re: Bringing a ST185 back from the dead one last time

Postby Alikazam » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:40 pm

Tippo wrote:
awdmofo wrote:
Alikazam wrote:Just read this whole thread! Dedication for sure. Get that thing running around! :D Good job and keep up the updates :)


Thanks, I love this car, never going to part ways with it like I did my first one. Gonna have to bury in this sucka! fingers crossed my mechanic comes through this weekend like he's said a million time already, and delivers the engine/trans fully built. That way i can put the top half of the engine back together and slide this sucker into the car. I still need to drop the gas tank, replace the fuel pump with a Supra TT one, clean out the tank and replace the fuel filter. So much to do, so little time with my work :cry: :cry: :twisted:


Boy I know this feeling. I fully restored a 90 ST185 (it's in the project thread) and it was gorgeous. I wasn't in a good place in life, so I sold it wayyy under price ($5500) in 2013. I ended up with my recent car by sheer tenacity and luck. I'll be buried in my ST185 as well lol.

As for the gas tank drop and the supra TT install - it's pretty easy to do. Check my project Lazarus thread, I did the exact same thing with the exact same fuel pump. I have a step by step guide for the most part if you're interested lol.


With EMS and plans for flex fuel with e85, i put a walbro 450 in my tank, ran ½" stainless hard line back to the tank and used original feed as the return. Didn't want to run out of fuel lol. That's my vote for fuel system anyway haha
1990 Celica Alltrac - Emma
Gen 3 engine
KO Racing Street Brawler - Precision 5130 Turbo
KO Racing In Factory ECU Case - Link G4x ECU
327 AWHP @ 18psi - pump gas
Image
Alikazam
Club Member
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:10 pm

1990 Toyota Celica

Previous

Return to My Project

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests