Project shelly 91 st185 *Restarted/Power Steering 5-30-10*

etantshi

OK! So time to get back on the horse! Here's some of the stuff that I've been doing lately.

After procrastinating for the past year worried about the budget of this project going out of control, I've decided to actually organize what I needed for what systems so that I can get this thing going. Come to find out that I don't need a whole bunch I just need to order specific parts without going overboard and ordering stuff that will get me off track.

So, without further ado, on with the pictures!

001-1.jpg

So dusty!!!

005-1.jpg

Engine bay is as bare as I left it.

006.jpg

Still needs a lot of work...

007-1.jpg

Powersteering reservoir cut down to fit in the area behind the strut.

074.jpg

072.jpg

072.jpg

Test fitting and mocking up the new reservoir in it's new location.

066.jpg

Trust oil cooler and calsonic 300zx power steering cooler (I know it's nissan, but it'll work in a pinch)

067.jpg

A few fittings and some prolite 350 -8 hose to finish up the reservoir to pump feed line.

068.jpg

cleaned up condenser (Yes I am keeping A/C I live in GA and the summers are harsh...)

001.jpg

Metric to -6 adapter on the high pressure side. -8 bung welded to the low pressure intake side.

002.jpg

New high pressure -6 line.

003.jpg

Cleaned up rack with metric flare fittings on both the high AND low side.

004.jpg

Metric to -6 adapters in place.

007.jpg

With all the hard to reach stuff done it's time to drop in that lump!

008.jpg

009.jpg

011.jpg

010.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

Wow! It's been 3 years since a working motor has been in this bay.

014.jpg

With the motor in place I can connect the high pressure line to the rack and measure what I need for the reservoir to pump line.

017.jpg

016.jpg

Pump side, you can see the high pressure line attached.

That's it for now. More to come later!

darthripley

great to see you getting the project going again!!

did you make the PS reservoir? it looks nice & blingy 8)

i'm still debating about those JSpeed fender braces ... they look pretty damn nifty :oops:

etantshi

The reservoir is one of those ebay nascar reservoirs that was like 10" long when I bought it. It had the AN ends on it, but one was the wrong size so it needed to be cut off and a new one welded to it. Then I had to shorten the whole thing up to be able to fit in that tight spot.

The braces... eh... dunno if they do anything... bought it mainly as a 'bling' mod, but realized that I can't really show them off.. lol

MWP

How high pressure is that powersteering high pressure hose?
It needs to be good for ~2000PSI!! :shock:

etantshi

More pics...

Got the PS cooler back from meh welder.

031.jpg

Installed condenser and from RC/Carlos Sainz front bumper support.

033.jpg

032.jpg