Project CMS

CMS-GT4

I will likely make the holes flush with the bezel, but I will use the angled gauge rings to make the gauges face me better.
I will likely make the ashe tray flush as well and place the boost controller in that spot.

CMS-GT4

Good question, I asked for an update earlier today. I am hoping real soon. Though it has been far too cold to do anything to the car if I had it anyway. I prefer not to work in 17 degree temps.

WarTowels

sticker-image-3.jpg

Strange flower power pic on that guys website...

-Towels

CMS-GT4

Well, it seems those with sard are still pretty rare. I sort of wonder how many they even produced for the gtfour.

No updates. Been busy with work and school. Hoping to have some updates soon though.

CMS-GT4

I just picked up some used 205 rotors on ebay. I had them take pictures of the measurements, and they still have most of their life left.

CMS-GT4

Just got an email from the painter. Looks like we are waiting for a break in the weather for him to finish. Its been freezing and snowing here, so lets hope the weather clears up soon.

CMS-GT4

ON another note, I just put new tires on the Z. I am trying the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110. I have read good things about them, and the price is hard to beat at around $150 each. If they are as good as the tests show, they may be my next tire on the alltrac.

I also upgraded my stereo in the Z. One of my policies is that is there nothing worth stealing that a thief can steal, then you much less likely going to get your car broken into. One issue with the 2003 Z base sound system, other than not sounding very good, is that you can't really upgrade it. I found out about the Kenwood KOS input device. I picked up a new KOS-A200 on ebay for less than a high end FM tuner. It works as a FM input, but is much more robust. It plugs directly into the radio jack, and has a much better sound quality. Now I can plug in USB devices, navigation, dvd etc. So say if you wanted to keep the stock alltrac radio, you could consider this as an option to add more features without having to go with a new head unit. Plus you can hide it and the other items you install, though I am not sure how you would install a nav screen w/o making room for it in the dash somewhere.

mike325ci

CMS-GT4":39cm31vi said:
ON another note, I just put new tires on the Z. I am trying the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110. I have read good things about them, and the price is hard to beat at around $150 each. If they are as good as the tests show, they may be my next tire on the alltrac.

Post up what you think about these tires, as I have heard good things and will consider them, esp. at a price like $90 for 225/45/17s that's a very tempting choice... Need to consider replacement tire options for my E46 (Falken Azenis RT-615s, which I love, but they wear too quickly and I don't autocross/track enough with that car these days, so...)...

CMS-GT4":39cm31vi said:
It works as a FM input, but is much more robust. It plugs directly into the radio jack, and has a much better sound quality. Now I can plug in USB devices, navigation, dvd etc.

I'm confused about this: is it an FM Modulator? So you have to tune into an "unused" FM station on your stock radio to get the signal? Or does it actually plug directly into your stock radio somewhere (the antenna plug, replacing your regular FM/AM antenna?)? FM Modulator-type devices don't work in my area because there are almost no "free/unused" radio stations... I was thinking about iPod solutions for the Celica and would prefer not to replace the stock head unit, so I'm interested in this...

CMS-GT4

It does work like an FM modulator by needing to be using an unused station. It plugs into the antenna port on the back of the radio, and the oem antenna cable plugs into it. They mention tuning to an unused station, but it is so powerful that it overrides the frequency that a station is already exists on a band I was using.

The only issue I have right now is I have no way of displaying the menu for the device, so I am trying to find the sequence of buttons I need to hit to activate my ipod then I won't be touching it again. If I was using a monitor or had a radio that worked with it, I would have been fine but I am keeping it minimal and on the cheap.

darthripley

mike325ci":34o1fb4a said:
CMS-GT4":34o1fb4a said:

Post up what you think about these tires, as I have heard good things and will consider them, esp. at a price like $90 for 225/45/17s that's a very tempting choice... Need to consider replacement tire options for my E46 (Falken Azenis RT-615s, which I love, but they wear too quickly and I don't autocross/track enough with that car these days, so...)...

I'm in the same boat with the Falken Azenis myself .. would be interested to know how the Hankooks last & perform.

Glad you heard back from the painter. It's slowly getting a little warmer here - hope it does the same in your neck of the woods.

CMS-GT4

darthripley":3n631va5 said:
Glad you heard back from the painter. It's slowly getting a little warmer here - hope it does the same in your neck of the woods.

Its snowing right now... :|

turbo4wd

CMS-GT4":tw93jqnm said:
darthripley":tw93jqnm said:

Its snowing right now... :|

Yes but this weekend will be warmer woohoo! Supposed to be high 50's low 60's in mid-TN.. I'm looking forward to a nice weekend drive.. We're starting our cars & coffee meets back up starting next weekend the 13th.