Project CMS

illGT4

CMS-GT4":dnhzfruc said:
Nope. I had to order a new set of tein adjustment tools. My height is wrong on one side which is what changes the rear camber. I need to raise that side a little. I hope the tools will be here this week and I will go fix my car.

I'm not sure how your Tein are... but make sure if you have multiple height adjustment you are adjusting the "height" and not preload.

If your Tein are only single height adj. than you have no choice but to alter preload with height.

Just be careful. You don't want to crank in too much preload or the spring rate will be too harsh.

CMS-GT4

I was digging around and Sard finally has a website. They may had for a couple years now, but for the longest time they did not have a decent website.

AFAIK, I am the only one on the alltrac, and other gtfour boards with a Sard MIG exhaust on their car. I think that it was never exported out of japan. I bought mine from a race car that was being parted out a long while back.

Here is some info on the exhaust. 2.5" catcack. No resonator box or whatever thesecondary muffler is called. Then you have the muffler with a strange tip.

It is fairly quiet during idle. Mostly a rumble. It really gets loud in the high rpm. My freind that had a 3rd gen swapped mr2 with a straight pipe had a 4 banger sound, here my car sounds more aggressive.

I can mess with the active tip while cruising. When it adjusts it sounds sort of like a tie fighter from star wars. Its faint, but sounds cool.

Anyhow, here is the link.

http://www.sardracing.com/products/arouse_mig.htm

MIGvalveclose.jpg

MIGvalveopened.jpg

MIGSW20.jpg

CMS-GT4

Here I go again, getting overly obsessed with the alltrac. Eating up my free time and free thought.

I am overthinking the project, once again. I am going to have to do a major wrap up on parts of it, so that I can move on to other projects. I think I am going to have to set some priority for some of these items.

I think I need to work on brackets in the engine bay, and a new paint job. I need to get the back to normal drivability so that I don't have to focus so much on it and can do some of the other stuff at my leisure.

CMS-GT4

Took the car for a nice long drive down some back roads to my friends house who is helping me get my a/c working.

I am debating about my gearing. My taller tire profile combined with an RC final drive might be a little much for the stock power levels.

1st and second are good, but they are also lower than a normal stock ratio but once i get to 3rd, I feel like I have to stay in high RPMs for those gears to be of any use.

I am still getting some popping from my driver side axel. I also noticed some fluid dripping under the car. Its a very thin oil like fluid. Not sure where it is from though. The car does not seem to be loosing oil. All I could expect is it is from when I did the brakes or the gearbox. I suspected maybe the axel is poping out. Not sure When I turn the axel back and for ~1/4 inch I can hear gears clink. Not sure if all the fluid stays at the bottom of the transfer case while the car is at rest or what. I need to trace what this leak is, and if it is related to my transfer case or the popping.
My CV joint boot is fine and is not throwing any grease. Arg. more things to figure out. I am supposed to meet with the paint guy tonight, and get quote on how to paint the car.

GMan

> CMS-GT4
> Location: Knoxville, TN
> Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:54 am Post subject:
> I was digging around and Sard finally has a website.
>http://www.sardracing.com/products/arouse_mig.htm

Thanks for the link Coldiron. :D

> AFAIK, I am the only one on the alltrac,
> and other gtfour boards with a Sard MIG exhaust on their car.

There is a UK owner with another brand varible exhaust.
But U are a Lucky US owner.

> Then you have the muffler with a strange tip.

That is what makes it variable. :)

> It is fairly quiet during idle. Mostly a rumble.
> It really gets loud in the high rpm.

Good to know.

> I can mess with the active tip while cruising. When it adjusts it sounds sort of like a tie fighter from star wars. Its faint, but sounds cool.

Good to know.
I have always wanted to get one.
Price and availablity are killer though.

Regards;

CMS-GT4

So, the project is going to slowing down a bit.

I am about to get laid off, so there is a good chance untill, I can turn things around, that the car will have to wait.

My sti rotors came into today though, so I may go and test fit them on an extra hub I have. and post some pics in he evo brake thread.

CMS-GT4

Well, I may have found a new job. I am working on it right now. The alltrac is returning to being a beacon of hope.

I will try and get it restored once I get a new job. I plan on wrappng it up, cause my life will need new focus and the car is disctacting. I just want to drive it. Its time to finish it and be done working on it.

CMS-GT4

Still working on the job thing, but I may have resolved my popping axle issue.

You can see here how close the tire is to the strut. I hae a feeling this might have been the problem.

I am going to keep an eye on it.

I looked everywhere and could not find any leaking fluid.

img5058ju8.jpg

While I went out for a test drive, I took a couple pics.

img5108hi4.jpg

img5119fh4.jpg

CMS-GT4

No spacer on the front. I have an 8mm spacer, but my studs are not long enough with these wheels.

I am still not 100% sure this is the issue, but its high on my list as the cause.

Only does it on this side as well, which makes me wonder what the cause could be.

CMS-GT4

Don't think so. I tok it in for them to fix my toe and what alignment they could.

But you never know.

RedCelicaTRD

Your axle shaft should have enough in/out movement to keep it from popping out. Maybe the c-clip on your axle is wearing out and the axle is wiggling out.

turbo4wd

wow, your car is slammed a lot lower than i thought it was.. mine is low, but not THAT low.. i wonder if that is related to it..

CMS-GT4

The funny thing is, my car is lowered around the recomended height by tein. The larger tires make the wheel gap much lowerm making it look lowered.

Also, I am still working on this whole job thing.

Depending on what happens will factor in what I do my car. If I can't find a decent job, I may have to scrap my brake project and sell the arts I collected to pay for a paint job.

The car won't be doing any real racing soon, so if thats the case, paint will become more important.

turbo4wd

CMS-GT4":31rgezpu said:
The funny thing is, my car is lowered around the recomended height by tein. The larger tires make the wheel gap much lowerm making it look lowered.

I wasn't even paying attention to the tire. I was using the wheel lip to the fender as reference, and its way low.. haha