Project CMS

CMS-GT4

Thanks.

I broke another bolt extractor today. I got to sort that out, but we removed the broken bolt and welded on a new nut to the fender so I can bolt the bumper cover back on.

I also found that the fender plastic was not fastened so my rubbing issue on the driver side will be sorted once the the plastic has all its bolts.

Here is a pic of the car less a fender.

I am going to remove the air box infront of the wheel since it is not needed and is just extra weight.

p1000528tl6.jpg

CMS-GT4

I got the rear plate bracket bolt ground of and I JB welded a new nut on.

I also removed the fender airbox. It might weight 2lbs or so. I still have a broken bolt in the top of the fender with an extractor stuck in it. I might have to sort out a solution for this.

After lunch, I am going to sort out the PS and go get some new fender bolts.

CMS-GT4

Toyota wanted 88 bucks for the hose, and advanced wanted 38. I found a heater hose in almost the same bends and lenth that works for 10bucks.

So PS is now fixed. I bolted most of the feder back up, and part of the bumper so I can go for a test drive after rush hour.

After replacing the wheel I had an accident though. The tool for putting the wheels on sheared right off.

I hope i can find a took that will fit these lug nuts, then I will replace them with some better lugs. Here is a pic of what happened. This tool lasted lots of abuse for 5 years or so. I broke a couple of the lugsnuts in half with it before.

p1000534le1.jpg

EDIT: So I found the same tool. I am going to remove the lugs once I get new ones. I am over these.

CMS-GT4

I was looking at the car in a parking lot today, and some angles it looks friggin sweet w/ no spoiler. But then other times it looks like a wet dog.

CMS-GT4

I am on a mission to find some quality, affordable black tuner lugs. No one in town carries a black lug that will fit my wheels.

Here are some pics I took today. Final glimpse of the unpainted car.

img0249fr1.jpg

WarTowels

I was looking at the car in a parking lot today, and some angles it looks friggin sweet w/ no spoiler. But then other times it looks like a wet dog.

lol, awesome.

Car looks good, did you do all the prep?

When that paint scheduled for?

-Towels

CMS-GT4

WarTowels":2g75igw4 said:
Car looks good, did you do all the prep?

When that paint scheduled for?

-Towels
Thanks. I am just getting all the stuff off and out of the way to make it simpler for them to paint. They will do all the prep work. All that I have to do now is get a new bumper cover and remove the plate bracket. I might try and salvage my current bumper cover. The bottom is a little scrapped up, and I am not sure how to go about smoothing it out.
Paint will be scheduled once that is done.

I just took a few videos.
Here is a quick run w/ the mic covered so you can hear the engine better over the wind noise.
(FIXED LINK)
http://www.knoxtube.com/view_video.php? ... 076ead5605

Interesting wav-o-vision caused by heat distortion from the hood.
http://www.knoxtube.com/view_video.php? ... 16764156be

Video clip of my Sard MIG in action. I always wondered if the tip did what they claimed. Now i know.
http://www.knoxtube.com/view_video.php? ... bce7bf8453

CMS-GT4

I have been trying to figure out a way to make it look better. I can clean it, but it has some tarnish that won't come off. I thought about powercoating it or something.

WarTowels

Powder coating it would probably be expensive because you would need hi-temp powder which is pricey.

You could polish it at home with some cheap sand paper and polishing compound?

-Towels

GMan

> CMS-GT4
> All Trac God
> Location: Knoxville, TN
> Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:04 pm

I hate the open style tuner lugs. Rusty, ill fitting IMHO.

> I am on a mission to find some quality, affordable black tuner lugs.
> No one in town carries a black lug that will fit my wheels.

I guess you'll Have to look online ?

I got a set of Gorilla lugs for one car.
Brandsport has some black small diameter lugs
http://www.brandsport.com/smditunulo2.html

For another car, I also got a set of Spline drives lugs and locks.
Mc Gard has the best, spline drive are really good.
But expensive.
http://www.mcgard.com/search/default.as ... =1&NavID=8

>> Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:44 pm
>> I have been trying to figure out a way to make it look better.
>> I can clean it, but it has some tarnish that won't come off.
>> I thought about powercoating it or something.

You have someone to polish it for you ?
If cops give the locals any hastle over BIG exhausts,
I'd just go with flat black stove paint. :evil:

Regards;

CMS-GT4

Cop don't give us any issues here over that kind of stuff. As long as no one is street racing, its fine. I thought about blacking it out, but I will try and polish it first.

Thanks for the lugnut link. They have dimensions, which will help me decide. I want acorn style, but all the ones I found locally has too large of a seat to fit the hole.

CMS-GT4

So its seems the car threw out the broken bit of the lug tool while driving. So I don't have to extract it. Hopefully it just went to the side of the road and caused no damage.

I think my driver side axle is on its way out. Its getting worse and worse.

Dr Tweek came into town today and sorted out my AC. One 1 pin needed to be moved, now my compressor comes on.

Now I am trying to figure out how to use this AC manifold gauge so I can charge the AC system.

CMS-GT4

I got the AC charged. I am sure its not perfect, but the AC blows out cold air now. The car is running sort of funny, so I need to double check some things before I take it out again. Its almost like there is a vac leak or something.

CMS-GT4

Well crap. The solution for making the clutch work keeps the car running from right. I replaced the ACT wire and the car is back to normal.

I got to figure this out so I can have AC.

CMS-GT4

Because we can't take my Dog in the 350, and her CRV sucks to drive in the mountains. The alltrac gives us the option to go out more and take the dog or stuff and I still get to enjoy driving.

CMS-GT4

I am so sick of working on this car. I keep getting this voices in the back of my head saying "sell it" you got more important things to do, and another voice says "your almost done." If my Z had room for the dog, I might have already sold the Alltrac. But for now I need to sort this thing out.

I am to the point now where I am less worried about modifying and more concerned with restoring the car.

I need to make a new for sale thread. I hope I can maybe trade some stuff to get this car where I need it. I got to focus on my career and school, yet somehow I spent all summer working on this car.