Project CMS

CMS-GT4

How can you tell the seals are good? I thought if you took the pistons out you have to replace the seals regardless.

WarTowels

I thought: free from visible wear or warping meant they were fine. They didn't change shape when I took them out afaik... so why wouldn't they be good/reusable?

It may not be best practices... but if they don't leak...

EDIT: I sent a message to that eBay seller to confirm that they are not OEM parts.

EDIT: Heard back from eBay, they are indeed OE not OEM.

I'd be down to replace the seals... if costs are reasonable.

-Towels

WarTowels

^That forum requires membership, not useful for all of us.

So about $232 + shipping for seals. ...Might take my chances with re-use.

-Towels

CMS-GT4

It seems a couple people say they are the same, but just some people saying it really does not verify it for me. I think measuring some of the caliper pistons we know the sources and years of might be a better shot. The problem with mine is I have no idea what they are from. I think the owner got them from a JDM cut, so I can assume they are from a Japanese 205, but I could never be sure about the year.

CMS-GT4

So I can now announce why the Z is for sale. We are expecting a baby girl on the 1st of Oct. So I will be doing some final touches to the alltrac, like fixing the AC and what not. However, most of my time will be going into my business to get all the ground work laid out so I can just focus on designing and printing once the baby comes.

53301010150962082953593.jpg

CMS-GT4

So I am starting to focus on more immediate projects now. I had rolled my front fenders making them a little wider, but in doing so I extended them past the reach of the fender liner. I had something rigged up, but it did not hold up to racing conditions so I am making a spacer to connect the fender liner to the fender better. When this comes loose, this is the only rubbing I have on the tires. So I want this sorted for good. I made a template of the fender shape here in cardboard, so next I will cut it out and then try and use it as a template for a fiberglass spacer.
photojd.jpg

I have more tweaks to do, but I am working on the RC/CS version of my design as well.
dba10e809bb611e1af7612313813f8e8_7.jpg

I am also trying to get in touch with a machinist on the scion forums to help me make a simple custom emblem for the hood.

toayoztan

I like the CS/RC design, personally b/c it'll look like mine...in terms of the fmic.

I think to be more "universal" for most or what not, putting just a mesh grill with the square fogs in the bumper/grill would be better?

And I know it's probably to make the drawing look more aggressive, but the triangular shaped "fog light" areas of the bumpers, are supposed to be flipped the other way...have you tried seeing what it looks like? Does it throw off the aggressive cartoon vibe or make it look funny/happy?

Just throwing around that idea.

And also, the RC/CS version had fender side markers behind the front wheel, if you wanted to add those in there.

Looks good man, liking it a lot so far though!

Bryan

CMS-GT4

I'll have to mess with it more. The whole center grill for the bumper needs to be redrawn. I am not going for 100% RC accuracy since its largely for us in the states who did the conversion. I am not sure how many of these I will be sending overseas.

I have put my lip on the back burner. I keep fitting it, but I am not huge on how it fits. It is about a a 90% fit. There is a small gap under the side vent, and the rear section does not line up how I want to get the max curve matchup. I am going to see how my other fiberglass projects go. If I feel that I am good with it, I may just mount up the poly lip and then use it as the basis to build a fiberglass lip over. For now, I will mess with some of these other projects then worry about it later.

CMS-GT4

Does anyone know where I can get the chasis electrical bgb for the 92? Mine was stolen, and it was far more useful then the digital versions.

CMS-GT4

Thanks guys. We are half way thru the pregnancy.

My first time at fiberglassing did not go great. I had too much hardener and my resin was a block in 10 minutes or so. I am going to give it another go once my respirator gets here. I want to finish these spacers then I will move onto other things.

As for the shirt, here is the front bumper redone. There will not be any logos on this shirt, just the car itself. I want it to be neutral enough for anyone, even fwd swapped cars. I doubt I will sell a lot, but that is one reason I have to broaden my market.

Here is the updated design. It likely will not change a whole lot more.
c1f806e8a3ac11e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

CMS-GT4

toayoztan":2ypou0hc said:
Looks good!

Do you plan to add fender markers still?

Bryan
No, there just isn't a lot of room there and it adds an unneeded detail. I am reworking my 165 design now.

athousandleaves":2ypou0hc said:
I have nothing against properly designed brackets mounted to the stock location, that's what my kit is employing.

Milling/modifying a rotor, caliper, ball joint or your hubs to mount the calipers is very unsafe.

I should be able to post a new thread by tonight discussing some of my findings and specs for my 205 kit which requires no milling, drilling or modding - just bolts on, rotor included!

So whats the details on this? I am wanting to get on my brakes soon and I am curious what you came up with. I have still be leaning towards a 300mm rotor because I want to keep my unsprung weight low, and I like the idea of cheap replacements. If I burn up a set of rotors at a track day, its nice to only have to spend a $100 or less to replace both the fronts.

I hit up picknpull yesterday to get a few spare parts. They had a lot of celicas but most of what I needed was trashed. I did manage to pick up some extra fender liners so I am going to use them to extend my fender liners so they create more room for the tires and still protect the car. I found a set of rear seat belts too. My old ones were ruined by water when the window got busted. I also painted the tank cover black where there was some silver over spray. I am trying to hunt down a set of 205 skirts. I thought I found some for a fair price was I was too late. I will likely hit up the junk yards online. I still can't get over how sexy my car is sometimes. In the garage it looks alright, but when I get it out in the light and the right angles it makes me happy to look at it.
photo7rv.jpg