Project CMS

CMS-GT4

While this is not entirely car related, its related to the contest I held in this thread a while ago. Its not a great pic, but this is the stencil I made for the shirt of the Gt Silver metallic winner.

This is a one off shirt.

Attachments

• -1.jpg
    -1.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 2,105

CMS-GT4

I went to the junk yard today because they had another celica in, it was a narrow body though, so no luck. They had a lot of 16x models though. I almost snagged a set of oem vert 16x skirts as a base for my 185 skirt project. The heads of the screws were ruined, I had nothing to get them off so I abandoned the plans. So, still hunting for side molding. Going to contact toyota this week and see what is still available.

Attachments

• -1.jpg
    -1.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 2,073

CMS-GT4

I went and saw the car today. They had not done much. They were reblocking it etc.. when I got there. I let them know I was moving, and also looking for the molding. So its still in early stages. I am not in a huge hurry, as long as I am looking for molding.

CMS-GT4

I am going to hit up the dealer today and see what trim pieces are left over. Also wondering if anyone would want to trade a 3" mid pipe with cat for a 3" cat-less midpipe once I get the car back. I think I am going to try and add a cat before going to a new exhaust. I may still go to a new exhaust, but this will be the first step.

CMS-GT4

Stayed up late to win a blitz din panel but it's 43mm gauges so I am going to pass. End in 5 so if someone wants it jump on eBay. I rather get the one for a boost controller spot.

CMS-GT4

Found a couple more photos from the first time I had the car painted.

scar2psd.jpg

scar3psd.jpg

CMS-GT4

I am working with the dealer trying to hunt down molding. Its likely going to be expensive, but I want the car looking right, especially after seeing this.

photoav.jpg

toayoztan

Nice, I like black engine bays. Keeps things looking clean and makes all the parts "pop" out heh.

I like that front plate idea, to be able to slide it out.

Bryan

GT4times2

The paint job is looking super sweet!! I'm loving it. I'm happy for you. It was sad to see what you had to go through before finding a good painter/bodyshop. I'm inspired.

I'm looking into getting mine painted too. Hopefully sometime this year. I want to strip it myself. I may during the summer. I'm still undecided on the color (not sure I want maroon/factory color). I like the progress I see. Take more pics. I'm a glutton for pics (I think we all are). The more, the merrier. This is motivating me.

I'm also waiting for my pink tshirt. :p (j/K).

GT4times2

CMS-GT4":1bhc065r said:
No pink shirts in stock. Maybe I can go wash a red shirt with a white shirt then print on it. :evil:

LOL...Make it super tight... :lol:

I will be waiting on the pics. How many coats did he lay so far? How many planned altogheter? Are you doing the interior as well?

CMS-GT4

No idea on the coats. Interior will not be painted. Maybe someday, but for now just the visible parts get paint.