Project CMS

CMS-GT4

DeeCee":9zgx4gra said:
You won't find much unless you wanted stuff for a proton/mitsi, diahatsu or a scooter lol.

I managed to see one GT4 while over there last year, when I drove past a workshop and looked over in the distance to see the workshop.

There was one auto parts store (Kakimotor) in the Mid Valley megamall (where I was staying) but it wasn't exactly a huge store with masses of parts.

Have fun though if you haven't been before :)

The girl I am going to meet (Wife's old classmate) drive a st205. She used to have a 18x with 205 engine and RC conversion. Her Boyfriend runs a half cut importer and has some st205 clips. He was trying to get a 185 RC one last time I talked to him. He had a pretty tuned MR2 but just sold it. I am going to meet with them this week, so I hope he can hook me up.

Yeah, most of the stuff here is Kelisa, proton crap.

If you all get bored you can follow my blog here.
http://irontang.blogspot.com/

GT4times2

Have a safe trip, and please take plenty of pictures. Go overboard if necessary, lol..

You mentioned her Boyfriend running a half cut/engine business. Please check your PM box.

CMS-GT4

I never got to see the shop, but I am supposed to be meeting him for a set of 205 rear calipers and rotors. He is trying to track down a RC clip for me for a few parts.

CMS-GT4

I met him, and got the rear 205 calipers. He is going to do some research on shipping and customs for me. I am hoping to score a few RC bits as well.

CMS-GT4

I am sorting out the AC in my Z, and trying to research my front brake options in the alltrac. I am looking for affordable rotor solutions. If I can not find any, then I sell the st205 fronts and just buy a ready made wilwood kit.

CMS-GT4

Oh the internal struggles. I could sell my old iphone to put towards my front brakes, clutch or to get the Fewture Getter reissue figure. Oh, the choices we must make.

CMS-GT4

So I met up with an old friend today. He talked me into driving his 425 whp single turbo FD. I have decided that I do not need that much power in the alltrac. I do not think I would live long. While the car did not have a huge powerband it ran fairly well and was very drivable. He also had a twin plate and it was not near as bad I expected. I think if I can max out the ct20 I will be happy. I just need to get the car back and I can start planning for a new clutch and final drive.

I think the only major plans for it after the paint might be doing the front brakes and then the lower final drive, clutch and flywheel.

As for the brakes, I have the 205 front calipers and have been looking at many solutions but I do not think the ones I want will work for me.

There is info on the 205 front calipers in this thread:
http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic ... &start=105

Since I will be likely always running wider heavier tires I wanted to counter with some lower unsprung weight from new brakes. The 205 front calipers are lighter than the 185 cast iron bits but I wanted to run wilwood ultra light rotors, which would shave more weight as well.
Wilwood does not have a rotor option that will likely work with my 205 calipers so unless I find a cheap simple solution I will likely sell them and just do a front wilwood setup.
I am still not sure what I will do just yet. I am currently going to start selling extra bits to gain funds to go towards my next parts. I think I need to sell my old iphone. That may help make up some of the costs.

CMS-GT4

I still never sorted out a solution for the 205 front brakes. I am not in a huge hurry, since I do not even have the car back.

My painter has been out of town for a month and half, and will hopefully be back sunday. Then I can try and get this thing wrapped up.

I have been dealing with the Z. Still not AC. I got sold the wrong part on ebay and had to sort all that out before I could buy a new compressor.

I have been working on my house. I put down a new floor, and am painting walls. If I finish the downstairs in the next day or two I will sort out my suspension pop on the Z, then the AC.

I don't leave the house too much so I have endured the heat when I do.

Nitro_Alltrac

Hey Josh. I know what you're talking about working on the house. I'm in the home stretch of putting in new kitchen. It's looking good but it does take a lot of time.

So the AC problem on the Z ended up being the compression? I know the last time we talked you were still trying to narrow it do.

Nitro_Alltrac

You might check NAPA. They are carrying a new line of import parts. I forget the vendor name but they get their stuff from the OEM suppliers in Japan. The NAPA guy at my local store and the guy that runs the garage I use most of the time said that so far pretty much everything they've seen appears to be know and is exact part that came off the car. The caliper I put on the front of my car was either a most excellent reman or it was brand new. I looked everything over after they told me that and I couldn't find anything on it that gave any indication that it was brand new. The line is a little more expensive than what they used to carry but a LOT cheaper than OEM. Check it out.

CMS-GT4

I'll check that. I talked to the painter today. Next week we will be getting he car ready to spray then we will wrap it up. Yay.

CMS-GT4

Yeah, I took it back in April. He took it apart, then he broke his hand. Then he spent almost two months away. Finally it is going to be done.

Not seeing this project for a bit will be nice to get a fresh start on it. I was a bit burned out after all the time and energy I spent on it.

I am hoping to get it back by our 10 year anniversary. The 20th will be 10 years from the day I bought the car.