Project CMS

CMS-GT4

I will double check it when I adjust the rear pass side. I know its too low. I used the other option for measurement. The base of the strut to the spring perch.

CMS-GT4

So I was going to remove my driver side wheel to look at the axle bolt, and I forgot that I rounded out my lug nuts. Stupid tuner lugs.

So, I am going to have to figure out a way to get them off. Most likely have to remove some material till I can fit something in there to tourqe them out.

I was also planning on taking off a wheel to do a comparison. If the Brembo caliper will fit with a larger rotor, I will sell the sti rotors and get a larger 2-peice rotor when I have the cash.

If it does not, I will sell the calipers, and look for different from calipers down the road.

CMS-GT4

I put my evo 8 calipers up for sale. The project will work, but at this time I need to rethink my $$. I would rather put that $$ into restoring the car than this brembo kit. I decided to keep it simple for now.

YerRandO

CMS-GT4":mnhslkji said:
So I was going to remove my driver side wheel to look at the axle bolt, and I forgot that I rounded out my lug nuts. Stupid tuner lugs.

So, I am going to have to figure out a way to get them off. Most likely have to remove some material till I can fit something in there to tourqe them out.

The make special bits for that, if you run into trouble try something like this http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/lt4300.html

CMS-GT4

etantshi":3op8c6y0 said:
Downgrading the pimpage i see.

Maybe not. There is a slight chance I will be getting a st205 brake system for the brembos.

YerRandO":3op8c6y0 said:
The make special bits for that, if you run into trouble try something like this http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/lt4300.html

Thanks for the link. I have some smaller ones, maybe the larger ones will fit the lugs.

I wonder if they make a make version of that tool.

CMS-GT4

The fact that I would have to make a bracket for the rear, and that I could not use the sti disc with the brembo caliper.

I can still use the sti rotor with the 205 caliper. I will also not need to custom make brake lines, etc. I just want better brakes, and I think the brembos will be awesome, I just need to start making things simpler on myself now.

CMS-GT4

I got the lug nuts off today. The tool posted above worked great. Didn't damage the wheels at all.

When I get caught up, I will pull the wheel off and get back on this project.

CMS-GT4

WarTowels

Nice. I had forgotten your car was red once. :D

You mention fixing the headlights so they are more flush, how is that done? My left one seems to have a bit more gap on one side than the other.

-Towels

CMS-GT4

I think there are adjustment screws, I don't remember as of yet. I was just going to go thru the bgb till I find anything on it.

CMS-GT4

I had a pretty ambitious plan for my car but decided to adjust my plans. I think I am going to Touch up the engine bay, then fix the noises and get it ready to paint, rather than try and do my entire list before painting. Now to talk to the wife about paintint it...

CMS-GT4

I might be moving. I had planned on working on the engine bay this week, but if I am going to move, I might wait since it has been so cold here.

CMS-GT4

Boost sure does like cold weather. Went for a spin around the block. The dog wanted to come. She loves to ride in cars... she sure does not like riding in the alltrac though. At least now. Good times.