Project CMS

CMS-GT4

I was there for a week last winter the end of Jan, and it was a mess. I can make due with the alltrac if I have to.

GT4times2

CMS-GT4":16ns83wg said:
I was there for a week last winter the end of Jan, and it was a mess. I can make due with the alltrac if I have to.

Not the same Alltrac you just got painted? :( Better to find a beater. Something like a Legacy, Impreza or something practical, cheap (and you not caring if it rusts or not).

CMS-GT4":3rqq6odh said:
Yeah, the alltrac might not see much snow. I have kept it mostly rust free so far.

+1 to that, my trac does not see the snow, no rust thank you. Honestly though I baby her and only drive her on nice days....people drive stupid in bad weather.

CMS-GT4

So we got the new house officially. I got to IL late Sunday night, then signed for the house in the morning and dropped off the nissan off at the body shop, to then drive back to TN to meet the movers.

This is the first time I saw the house in person. I am happy with it, but after seeing the garage I do not think I can install a lift. It has really tall ceilings, but the door does not go to the top, it goes to the middle height. So if I get a lift, I need to figure out something with that as well. I will be busting but over the next week or two getting the move done and everything sorted.

Also, bloodmoney had one of the molding parts I needed, so I am going to get him to send that to the painter, then the painter will ship it to me once its ready.

CMS-GT4

3tcpower":23520cph said:
Congrats on the house!!

And on the garage thing, can't you just change the tracks for the door to go almost stroight up?

I am not sure, but I will look into it.

EDIT: And here is how.
http://ddmgaragedoors.com/diy-instructi ... ersion.php

More importantly, I am trying to pick a proper wideband o2 sensor. I was looking at AEM, but I need to do more research. I want to find a god sensor, that does not break the bank, and that will somewhat go with my interior.

toayoztan

Yeah, you'll need a garage door with the motor mounted on the side (like what you've posted).

Which wideband are you looking into?

Bryan

CMS-GT4

I am looking into one that will be under $200. I really only need it to see where my current A/Fs are and maybe once I hook up the boost controller. I wish I could rent one for that, but I guess the only way to do that is go to the dyno.

I was looking at the AEM, but I have read good things about the innovate systems.

EDIT: Seems ATS like the PLX. Maybe its worth a look after all.
http://mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=41944 ... t=wideband

toayoztan

I like PLX, have used it, and will continue to use it.

I hear innovative is a pain to install and have from experiences through others.

Bryan

CMS-GT4

Yeah, the more I read about the innovate, the more bugs I find about them. I think the AEM is closer in my budget, though I may consider the PLX if i can hook a speedo gauge in it for a sort of HUD. I have a hard time seeing the stock one due to my steering wheel placement.

darthripley

I've personally had problems with 3 different PLX units I've had both in R2 & in Vadar.
Each problem was different and their customer service is absolutely horrible, some of the worst I've encountered.
In case you're wondering I bought the unit(s) from Vadar I had directly from them, so it wasn't like a 2nd party vendor or anything like that. It was like pulling teeth getting them to honor their own product.
For me, I will never purchase another one of their products, new or used.

I have an Innovate in Vadar & it was actually easier to install vs. the PLX.
I like the Innovate b/c it reads below 10:1 AFR ... not that I like seeing below 10:1, but it lets you know what's going on.
I also like the display being super small & it has a built in turbo timer & volt meter so it cuts down on extra gauges/accessories of which I don't want 10 million.

I'm either going to get an Innovate or AEM UEGO for Super 2, haven't totally decided which one yet.

C-dubb

I've got the AEM UEGO. Haven't driven the car a whole lot as of late, but no complaints...it reads flawlessly from start up.

CMS-GT4

On note of suspension I had raised the car up almost all the way to load it on the trailer. I actually had much better grip when turning on rough pavement at high speeds. Normally the front is coming uP on the bumps. My curiosity is whether this a result of the change in stroke or resolved bump steer.

CMS-GT4

So I am at the new house now. The car should be here with our stuff tomorrow. Monday and tues will be spent moving everything into the new house. After I locate a proper sliding dog door u will focus on organizing the new stuido then I can find time to get the car sorted. The more I look at the car the less I feel it needs a body kit. I think a proper front lip and improved gas tank cover and I am set on looks. I brought my old cs bumper so I will clean it up, the mount it to make my lip concept. Hopefully I can sort out this fueling issu quick. I had a vac leak at my charcoal canister port so that may have been the root of this. I think the hard part will be finding all the interior screws and bits. I might start adding this all to the cms blog finally too.

Landon

josh, do you have two cs bumpers? good luck moving in and gettin your car together. i agree with you on the body styling. i think the biggest thing our cars need is front and rear lowering bits. a rear diffuser would be perfect with some kind of front splitter. i wish they were easy to come by..