Project CMS

CMS-GT4

Took my car to a friend's house to use the tb cleaner method for finding vac leaks.

Could not find anything except for a torn cap on a port for the charcoal canister.

I replaced that torn cap. It made a world of difference. Car pulled a lot harder and didn't have hardly any adverse reactions to the high boost.

My vac stayed the same, and my idle still dipped a little. I think I am one step closer.

I think I still have some slight vac issues, but the car is very driveable right now. Who would of think something so damn tiny could cause so much issue under boost.

I have a few other items I am investigating, but the engine is nearly done. I would say now %99.

Then we go to the paint shop.

CMS-GT4

I forgot to mention. I took the wife for a test drive. I think I made her pee herself a little. :evil:

darthripley

illGT4":30n1udhm said:
CMS-GT4":30n1udhm said:
I forgot to mention. I took the wife for a test drive. I think I made her pee herself a little. :evil:

lol. progress has been made then. ;)

:lol: haha good one.

i don't think joe can make me do that, i'm too used to his driving.
if anything i think it may be the other way around :shock:

glad to hear you got most of the vac issues sorted out & the car is running better.

what color are you going to have it painted?

thebish5thgen

thats awesome josh, lol I still remember you tellin me all about your trac when I was down there for the dragon. its a bueatiful car in person :) glad its up and groovin. anyways is there another dragon meet coming up? I don't think I'll have my new trac (pending) by then but I'm in pretty much set at buying snowbirds AT. I'm excited because after some suspension work, maybe putting my old dif in it, and brake work as well as a bayarea fmic it should be even nicer than the one I brought down last time. can't wait to make it back to the dragon though, I need to buy another shotglass :p my other one got stolen hahahaha

CMS-GT4

So I futzed around on hoses today. I traced the hose off the back of my manifold and found it goes to a hardline that goes to my powersteering. Those hoses were loose and frayed. I cut them and put tighter clamps on. It did help fix part of the problem. I also installed a better hose on my MAP sensor with clamps. The car is running nice. It is almost there. I think I am going to have to replace those powersteering hoses. They are too loose and worn.

I am also going to replace two lines on my intake that use rad hose instead of vac hose. I tink this will help my vacas well.

My idle stip dips, but the car runs stong. I am almost there.

CMS-GT4

So, I was thinking about running new lines for my powersteering vac. I think I may cap it off instead. Is it really needed?

CMS-GT4

So, I drove the car just now. Had not driven it for a bit, mostly just start it up and let it run for 10min at least once a week.

The more I drove tonight, the more I wanted to drive. I have been too busy for the car lately. I think all thats left swap wise is getting new hoses to sort the vac leaks. Other than that, the swap itself is done.

I think I have been wasting too much time on this body kit and brake biz. I think for now, I am going to focus on the vac leaks. Then make a list of what needs to be restored. I get some noises here and there, so I want to fix whatever is making them. I think one might be an axel. I think some others are loose bolts.

I need to make brackets for all the devices in the engine bay. I think I need to get back on my restoration project before I get too far into anything else. The more I think about it, the less I think I will bother with any kind of body kit. I think, I just want the car to be a gtfour. I will sort out other details later, but once I get a little free time, I will make this thing soar.

CMS-GT4

So, I fixed that vac leak. Car runs a lot better. I still get a slight idle dip and my vac is still 19hg. The car runs great though. I would say the vac situation is 99.5% done. Good enough to drive and good enough to begin the restoration project.

I turned the teins down a bit just to make the car more streetable. The manual recomends 8 clicks in front and 10 in rear.

The frist vid is 6 in front and 8 n rear, second vid is 8 all around.

Turn your volume up for the whole experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZftBYNNlX0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEP1tk73Bbo

CMS-GT4

So we are now in the restoration stage. This might take a while. Here is my plans for now.

• Touch up engine bay (I want to do this before I paint in so I don't risk messing up the paint job)

• Fabricate new engine bay brackets (There is some loose stuff hanging or items that need to be held better, ie my map sensor keeps me from bolting up the oem strut bar.)

• Clean up any wiring and vac related items in the engine bay. I want to make sure everything is tight and water sealed. Fix exhaust brackets.

• Fix A/C. (I want this car driveable, and its too damn hot to drive it much with out an A/C.) I will need to pull the water neck and have it tapped for the a/c sensor. To get to this, I will need to pull the IC, so I will get it powder coated and a new sticker for it. I might do a little engine dress up and cleaning.

• Hunt for rust, order new molding, trim and bumper cover. Find and fix any squeals, squeaks pops or noises from the chasis. Get car prepped for paint.

• New paint. Decide on if I want a lip or not. Fix dents etc... Possible paint wheels when I buy a new 5th wheel.

• Wire up boost controller and emanage. I might get a new radio and come up with some sort of DIN gauge solution. (I want to cover any wiring issues at this time and never take the dash out again.) I will also install my new shift assembly. Get any guages I will needs: EGT, oil pressure etc..

• BBK project.

• Restore interior. Decide on making a rear tray or getting new rear seats. That should cover most everything.

• Down the road projects: New Radiator. New clutch and possible FW. Dyno Tune emanage.

RedCelicaTRD

I hope you dont mean order brand new rocker moulding. That stuff is expensive! If I remember right its ~$400 per side. And thats just the ones infront of the rear wheels.

CMS-GT4

So I spent the last little bit adding clamps to vac hoses and making sure some stuff was tight. The PS vac was still a lttle loose. Got a nice gash on my forehead from the corner of the hood, but the vac is set now. I know there is stll something slightly off. I think i am going to try and make the trip the NC meet. I sure hope the weather cools down. I do not have A/C.

I also changed the front camber. The turn in is sharper. I added another -degree of camber to the front so here is my current settings.

I need to order some tools from tein so I can adujust the rear.

Front Left
Camber: -1.03
Caster: 1.2
Toe: 15.5

Front Left
Camber: -1.03
Caster: 0
Toe: 16.1

Rear Left
Camber: -1.4
Toe: .20

Rear Right
Camber: -2.2
Toe: .28

Before I go to NC, I will most likely subract another degree of camber from the front.

CMS-GT4

Nope. I had to order a new set of tein adjustment tools. My height is wrong on one side which is what changes the rear camber. I need to raise that side a little. I hope the tools will be here this week and I will go fix my car.