Project Parked Car - Pics added

celicamonkey

After 5 years of owning my GT I finally got an all-trac in January. 129k on the clock for $3,000. After a couple weeks of owning it I slid on ice and hit a parked car. Hence the project name parked car. It was not too bad, but it did damage the hood and bumper. Instead of going the cheap way I decided to do a full rc front conversion.

Here is the list of parts waiting to go on

• Full OEM RC hood kit
    Full OEM RC bumper kit
    JDM corners
    60mm 3 gauge pillar pod
    60mm Defi-Link Meter BF boost gauge
    Bayarea FMIC
    HKS bov
    MBC

C-dubb

I almost hit a parked car from sliding on ice in a parking lot, when i realized i wasn't stopping i threw it in reverse and started to spin them backwards...stopped just in time. My balls were in my stomach for a week following the incident.

Good luck with the project...

celicamonkey

Stock bumper removed. RC bumper support in place.
IMG_0988.JPG

RC hood. Damaged in shipping. New one on the way.
IMG_0985.JPG

Slightly damaged stock bumper
IMG_0987.JPG

IMG_0989.JPG

Two boxes with new cf hood trim, grill, jdm corners and rc bumper cover.
IMG_0990.JPG

RC hood bulge and new HKS BOV
IMG_0991.JPG

The elusive RC hood ornaments
IMG_0992.JPG

Bayareaat FMIC piping
IMG_0993.JPG

Bayareaat FMIC core
IMG_0994.JPG

bigacuralvr

You finally moved your boxes so Jess would STFU huh? Good call.

Looks good so far...hopefully I'll have some time soon to lend a hand.

Brett

celicamonkey

The paint and body are actually in pretty good shape minus the one little damage on the rear fender and the front obviously. Once i get a place with a garage i'm going to get body work and paint on it.

celicamonkey

I'm not sure. I got the entire hood and bumper kit from speedtoys.biz. $895 for the hood kit and $580 for the bumper kit. :shock: heh. Spent about half what I bought the car for on the new bumper and hood.

bigacuralvr

I got some nice presents in the mail today. My defi boost gauge and control unit came in. As well as my second set of rc hood ornaments.

Denver_whiteST185

Lol Dustin, are you posting under bretts name? :lol:

Hey, i decided to go a different route for my hood (ssshh, its a secret :p ) so i wont be needing those ornaments anymore

theUNYTEDone

what exactly was wrong with the first one? i cant really tell anything from that picture you posted...whatre your plans for the first one? or did you send it back?