1990 st185-300whp +++

C-dubb

Thanks guys. The trim piece on the headlight is missing...misplaced it when I moved. Need to find it and replace it. Also, need to find a new carbon fiber trim piece above the bumper cover...the replacement I bought on ebay broke during shipping.

I like the wheels but I'm thinking about getting a little bit taller tires all around to fill in the wheel wells...I don't like how low profile those tires are, especially on an 18" wheel.

Balagast

Very nice work.

What exhaust did you get there? I'm curious about what people are doing for mid-pipes, being as I need to replace the stock one in my trac (damn rust).

C-dubb

I found it on ebay...I'm pretty sure it's the ssautochrome exhaust, I bought it from a different seller though. It was the only 3" exhaust I could get in short order. They are few and far between so I bought it as soon as I saw it listed.

There are a few different topic floating around the board right now about people building midpipes so there may be some available soon.

C-dubb

New parts came...dropped them off at the machine shop and the head is closer to being finished.

New Cams
2b3bjo.jpg

294t7rb.jpg

New Gauges
2dw83df.jpg

I also ordered a 3sge intake manifold from what they told me was a 1987...either it wasnt or it was just a non T-vis one but they sent me the wrong manifold. I'm glad you can't ask these part salvage people any questions without them saying "Well, is it for a 3sge?" Yeah Idiot I'm not gonna try to explain to you the dynamics of interchangable parts within the same engine manufacturers...too complicated

Not that T-vis matters or that you know what it is...god. I may just stick with the stock 3sgte manifold...but then again I don't want to try to explain to the Tuner that there are lean cylinders that need to be compensated for...because I'm just an Idiot who can't tune his own engine...

DudeMan

Can't pull the manifold at a wrecker yourself? Would save some trouble..

I might have a 3SGE manifold for sale soon. Its already ported to match the TVIS plate and I plan on sandblasting it soon, should look like new.

C-dubb

Nah, I'm just gonna assemble it with the stock manifold when I get the head back because I wanna drive it...whenever.

C-dubb

Finally got the cylinder head back from the machine shop.
2q0pohs.jpg

GSC 268 degree cams, Shimless buckets, Ferrea dual valve springs, and ATS adjustable cam gears. Should flow a little better now!
2u5q7a1.jpg

Still waiting on the Cometic head gasket I ordered, then It's going back together.

C-dubb

Wanted to get it assembled with a top feed fuel rail and some 800cc injectors but that will have to wait until the next paycheck...

2ih6xc1.jpg

zx4ljq.jpg

288p2mf.jpg

oh0h7b.jpg

C-dubb

The engine is all back together, thanks to the help of Eric (speedricer) coming over last night to give me a hand. The trouple now is a starting issue (electrical) My starter isn't rolling over at all so I have to go get a multimeter and see what I can find out. Here are some picks of the engine back together.

2uq0ydf.jpg

30vbv4o.jpg

11r7ipk.jpg

^^ This little bastard gave me the fight of my life. never ever doing the upper timing belt in the engine bay ever again. F timing belt tensioners.

I'm gonna see what I can figure out with the starter, hopefully it's something little...heres hoping.

Droptop93

Good shit cory! You gonna hopefully beable to come down to toledo in sept with eric? Would love to see this beast in person.

Landon

looks good man! anythings new with the starter? can you turn it over if you hook battery directly to it? that might help narrow things.

C-dubb

Droptop93":25umhw20 said:
Good shit cory! You gonna hopefully beable to come down to toledo in sept with eric? Would love to see this beast in person.
I want to be able to, I have to check my avaiability bc the army has me signed up for some bullshit two week training event...even though I'm not going to Afghanistan with the unit and I'm out in 7 months...awesome.

Landon":25umhw20 said:
looks good man! anythings new with the starter? can you turn it over if you hook battery directly to it? that might help narrow things.
Thanks man. I put the battery to the starter and it popped out but didn't turn over. I'm thinking it has to be something between the battery to the neutral switch...all the fuses look fine. I'm gonna have to dig a little deeper.

In the meantime I'm wiring up all of my guages to their respective power sources and senders haha...funny thing...the sender for the oil pressure wont thread into the head...I love working on this car.

alltracst185

C-dubb":28muigmo said:
Droptop93":28muigmo said:
I want to be able to, I have to check my avaiability bc the army has me signed up for some bullshit two week training event...even though I'm not going to Afghanistan with the unit and I'm out in 7 months...awesome.

Landon":28muigmo said:
Thanks man. I put the battery to the starter and it popped out but didn't turn over. I'm thinking it has to be something between the battery to the neutral switch...all the fuses look fine. I'm gonna have to dig a little deeper.

In the meantime I'm wiring up all of my guages to their respective power sources and senders haha...funny thing...the sender for the oil pressure wont thread into the head...I love working on this car.
I feel ya bro, i'm having issues connecting to my EMS now :doh: This car is fighting me all the way to the finish!

Landon

dude i got ya on the sender! what gauge do you have? i have a prosport oil pressure gauge and i ended up putting a T in so that i could run the oil pressure warning light and the sender. i had to re-thread to make part of it fit into the head. its a metric pipe thread if i remember right. thats what i did to make it work. if you want more info i can show you a pic and such. about the starter- it seems that if the solenoid pops out but the starter doesn't turn over with direct power it would be starter related...? but you know more about whats goin on so whatever. lol. good luck man.