An update on my car

Denver_whiteST185

well, since ive been wanting to install some of the parts that have been sitting around, i decided to rip apart my car to take care of them.

Parts to intstall:
Straight intake with MR2 Apexi filter kit
Ron Davis Custom Radiator
BayAreaAT FMIC
Relocating the battery
New relocated radiator overflow bottle
SS clutch line
Speed source extended slave pushrod
SS brake lines

My engine bay emptied out....
Photo0001-3.jpg

My new intake. the pipe is made by BayAreaAT. however, im having to get new silicone since i needed a 2.75" - 3" coupling. i also bent up one of the brackets that came with the apexi kit to make a hold down for it.

Photo0002-3.jpg

My Ron Davis Radiator installed. It fits perfectly without any modifications. the stock fan bolts up to it, however im going to get the RC fan/fan motor from RHDjapan. im going to be running a 20% toyota red/80% water solution with a bottle of redline water wetter too.

Photo0002-4.jpg

Photo0001-4.jpg

Im also in the middle doing my SS clutch line. however, im having a problem with the fitting behind the manifold (which is a pain in the ass to get to). i also did the slave pushrod since its pretty easy to do. My engine is also really dirty. i want to get it cleaned up while im at it so we'll see how it looks when its done.

My homemade relocation kit :D ill be running 0/1 gauge for the positive side and 2 gauge for the negitive. i also got enough line to ground it in the trunk and to the transmission.
Photo0022-1.jpg

I also got a hook up for a optima red top which ill be installing next to the spare in the trunk on the passenger side.

I'll update this with some more photos of some progress. my goal is to have it up an running with everything installed by the end of the month.

-Ted

alltracshoak

awesome. i was just wondering, on your intake, what is the 3rd line for??
just curious because my bayareaat intake has two nipple
and you have 3

smog7

looks like its going to turn out very nice. just wondering but what benefits over the stock piece does the Speed source extended slave pushrod have?

theUNYTEDone

ted, did you snag the RD rad on the group buy? how much would it be without the group discount?

good job on the progress...my progress consists of erasing debt and attempting to save. :( :cry:

smog7 wrote:
looks like its going to turn out very nice. just wondering but what benefits over the stock piece does the Speed source extended slave pushrod have?

better disengagement.

Denver_whiteST185

LOL Nigel i started the group buy.

the reason why my intake has three inlets is because i requested an extra 1" inlet so i can recirculate my bov.

And Nigel is right, the slave rod helps with clutch disengaugment because its a little longer. I dont know how well it works but ill let you guys know.

smog7

Id very much like to see how your recirulated bpv looks and works. which bov/bpv are you going to use?

TheAutoholic

smog7":3ka8fiep said:
Id very much like to see how your recirulated bpv looks and works. which bov/bpv are you going to use?
+1

The BOV sound is cool, but I have heard that you gain from recirculating. And the sound destroys the sleeperness of a 165.

Denver_whiteST185

Im going to be using a hks ssqv with a recirc fitting. Youll still be able to hear it but ill be obviously quieter.

the rc fan has more blades and the motor is a bit stronger

so i discovered two things tonight. One is that i want to strangle the engineer that designed the clutch line an decided to make it next to imposible so remove without removing the engine. Two is that im missing the dustsheild that covers the lower part of the flywheel so i need to come up with a fix for that

Meurz

I've seen about 5 different top tank designs now, all RD.. :shrug: Looks very nice though. +1 on non-groupbuy prices, any info? :)

Sifu

Denver_whiteST185":2l4vw7pn said:
Im going to be using a hks ssqv with a recirc fitting. Youll still be able to hear it but ill be obviously quieter.

the rc fan has more blades and the motor is a bit stronger

so i discovered two things tonight. One is that i want to strangle the engineer that designed the clutch line an decided to make it next to imposible so remove without removing the engine. Two is that im missing the dustsheild that covers the lower part of the flywheel so i need to come up with a fix for that
Small hands works well for removing that line. The worse part is that you need to screw it in just right so it doesn't twist (think fuel line banjo bolt). It can be a pain with the engine out because you still have to worry about getting the C clip on there.

As for the flywheel dust shield ask Griffin if he still has that piece from his garage sale. Last I heard he was busy with other things and hasn't gotten to his sales yet. I'm still waiting for the FW dust shield from him... :p

Denver_whiteST185

Meurz":1l3ckvlj said:
I've seen about 5 different top tank designs now, all RD.. :shrug:

well its all custom and hand welded so im not suprised.

as for pricing i really font know. Call Bill at ron davis or email them. He was the guy who was my contact during the group buy

Meurz

I know it's custom and handwelded so a few mm difference between rads is to be expected, but I've seen different top tanks within the last groupbuy for instance, thats strange imo. Looks very slick though. I'll send them an e-mail then, thanks. 8)

toayoztan

Hey what's up, can't wait to see updated pics. Do you have the techna fit clutch line? If so, you may have to grind it (or the bracket) down.

Bryan

syko says

about how long did it take to remove the AC? looking good their Ted. Bay area kit? how was the fitment eith the hood and O2 sensor? lol.

Denver_whiteST185

I removed the ac condensor and only the lines that were in the bumper. The rest of the ac will get the boot when i get a ribbed pulley. I also removed the stock bumper support and the foam in the bumper in favor of a CS bumper support that will be here soon. The fog lights are gone too and the engine undercovers are temperarly removed. Thats like 40 pounds of crap thats gone :smokes:

no fitment issues yet and it clears the o2 sensor and the hood fine :D