Sex change: 1990 GTS converting to Alltrac.

celicaGTS_T

Well, the title says it all. I plan on taking my GTS and turning it into a full-on Alltrac. A buddy of mine has all of the parts for it (driveshaft, rear subframe/ suspension, gas tank, engine/ ecu yada yada yada... ). I know, it sounds a little far-fetched, but he wants to try the conversion out. I'll keep you guys informed on how it happens.

-Justin

theUNYTEDone

good luck with that.
why not go the full 9 and get a chassis too? :oops:

jk man. hope all goes well. keep up with the updates.

was he THAT set against just getting an alltrac?

CMS-GT4

JMHO,

If I was going through the trouble of adding a who new rear subframe, I would not make an awd car.

I would be making it into a rwd monster. You might be happier with a rwd car anyhow.

celicaGTS_T

Well, my buddy 'imports' jdm clips and full cars. He has about 3 or 4 clips for the alltracs and a couple RC's at his shop w/ all of the rear goodies, iirc. Thats why I thoght it might be a neat idea. Keep you guys updated.

-Justin

GT4RC

CMS-GT4":s24d90b5 said:
JMHO,

If I was going through the trouble of adding a who new rear subframe, I would not make an awd car.

I would be making it into a rwd monster. You might be happier with a rwd car anyhow.
+1, the only real glory of doing this is to have one of the few fully converted 4wd celicas, but in the end you have a factory option. Why not have an end result thats totally different than what you could just purchase with a higher trim level? We wanna see more celica smoke shows!!!

Had to say it man, either way my hat is off to you if you complete it.

celicaGTS_T

Well the RC clips alone are $2300 and the standard Alltracs are somewhere around $2000. He hasn't told me the going rate for the full conversion. The rwd conversion to me seems a little harder then the 4wd conversion, but I could be wrong. I'll take pictures if I get the chance, but money is needed and unemployment blows. Wish me luck.

-Justin