ATS Built ST185

vip09

theUNYTEDone":3vaogdz0 said:
interested in seeing a new dyno with a pumpgas tune (since you guys have got the new intercooler on)

I am also very interested to see what the 35R will do on pump gas.

ATSAaron

vip09":28f8s3py said:
theUNYTEDone":28f8s3py said:
interested in seeing a new dyno with a pumpgas tune (since you guys have got the new intercooler on)

I am also very interested to see what the 35R will do on pump gas.

I'm guessing about 420 whp if we tune it. I've got some tricks up my sleeve and might get over 450whp with it.

Aaron

ATSAaron

theUNYTEDone":3mdx0zip said:
tricks eh? interested in some final product numbers. muahahaha.

gt35R ftw.

Is there any chance that your All-Trac is my old one? I sent it to Hawaii when I sold it.

Aaron

lumbercis

ATSAaron":226soq5f said:
Smaller IC was more restrictive I guess.

Oddly enough about 2 years ago we went from a stock IC to this same model smaller FMIC and made huge gains in power with no loss in spool. I think it's a turbo has to match the IC type story.

Aaron

So what model IC is it then? Do you think its just the inlet/outlet and piping size that made the difference or the brand of intercooler?

J.

Gary

Upgrade Skyline GT-R core.
He answered that on MR2OC.
I have the same one lying in my dad's garage.

alltracshoak

Gary":y0z65ns9 said:
Upgrade Skyline GT-R core.
He answered that on MR2OC.
I have the same one lying in my dad's garage.
off topic
gary,what you got planned for your beast :D
mind sharing since you have the same core lying around and who knows what you're building.mind sharing :wink:

toayoztan

I know this is one of those " :shrug: " questions that can't really be answered, but how much of a difference would you be seeing in performance and number if a GT3076r had been slapped on instead (choose whatever AR is optimal for you)? I was planning to run with it, hit between 4-500awhp, but now i'm not so sure seeing what numbers you're getting with the GT3582r.

Good numbers by the way!

Bryan

ATSAaron

Conan":1eo7wd4k said:
ATS_Scott":1eo7wd4k said:
Shooting for 550+AWHP
A car for drag races? :shrug:
Do you have any plans for the radiator?

It has more power/torque off boost than a 5S powered Celica GT, so it's pretty driveable.

We plan to keep the radiator. We've got two Spal's on it and one more on the A/C condenser.

toayoztan":1eo7wd4k said:
I know this is one of those " :shrug: " questions that can't really be answered, but how much of a difference would you be seeing in performance and number if a GT3076r had been slapped on instead (choose whatever AR is optimal for you)? I was planning to run with it, hit between 4-500awhp, but now i'm not so sure seeing what numbers you're getting with the GT3582r.

Good numbers by the way!

Bryan

A GT3082 with .63 AR will usually spool about 200-250 rpm sooner, but will give up 30-50whp. I suspect the 3076 will give up another 30-50hp to the 3082 (with minimal increase in spool because the exhaust side is the same. My GT3076 experience is pretty limited and was actually a weird hybrid with a smaller turbine. It made 430 at full howl on race gas, 350ish on pump.

88st165":1eo7wd4k said:
show us 165'ers some love...

Show us some money. J/K we do love ST165's, Scott drove one for a couple years (it was mine before it was his). We only have one local customer with a ST165.

lumbercis":1eo7wd4k said:
So what model IC is it then? Do you think its just the inlet/outlet and piping size that made the difference or the brand of intercooler?

Core size, core design (how restrictive is it inside), end tank design, pipe size...it all adds up. What makes the most difference depends on the turbo and the car. Smaller turbo's like smaller intercoolers because they can't fill a large volume. Larger intercoolers with bigger pipes don't seem to effect the lag (or actually improve the lag) of the larger turbo's that move big volume at lower psi.

Did I get everyone answered?

Aaron

toayoztan

Thanks for the insight, i think i just have to buck down and realize the GT35 is where I need to go and sacrifice some spool time, which isn't such a big deal to me at that point.

Any particular reason why the intake manifold is center feed versus side feed? Have you guys already looked into that? Would it have made a difference?

Bryan

theUNYTEDone

ATSAaron":2919vb5a said:
theUNYTEDone":2919vb5a said:
tricks eh? interested in some final product numbers. muahahaha.

gt35R ftw.

Is there any chance that your All-Trac is my old one? I sent it to Hawaii when I sold it.

Aaron

:shock:
do you remember who you sold it to? what about the stamped numbers or anything? as far as i know, im one of two white 185's in the state...

ATSAaron

theUNYTEDone":3t04928c said:
:shock:
do you remember who you sold it to? what about the stamped numbers or anything? as far as i know, im one of two white 185's in the state...

For anyone else who cares (haha), I dug out an old insurance card and we matched our VIN numbers. WOW! That is my old ST185. I sold it and shipped it to Hawaii in 2002. It was Christin's daily driver for a while, but she ended up in a newer car (5sd, turbo awd, Audi A4) and we didn't have money or space to keep our ST185. That is so awesome that it is in good hands and is going to be a record setting all-trac.

Aaron

KORacing

ATS_Scott":126whyqg said:
I'll try to remember to look up uncorrected numbers on Monday. This car is running a .63 A/R Ex. housing... I think. ;-)

Plot?

Also, I heard something happened with the transmission on this car? Is it dangerous to dyno this much hp in 2wd mode?

ATSAaron

I don't think so. We have multiple high 400whp runs and a couple 500whp runs. The transmission ran into problems at less than 300whp. We aren't sure why and won't know more until we disassemble it.

Replacement transmission arrived yesterday.

Scott - It has a .82 A/R exhaust. You can't get a the current Garrett GT35R with a .63 A/R.

dan_new_ic.jpg

Aaron