project spool

grip addict

as some of you might remember, i put a td06 kit on my brand new stock toyota longblock. to make a long story short, the rings didn't like the boost as much as i was hoping they would.

i'm a big fan of working on my own car, making my own mistakes, and having fun in the process, however i recently made a decision. i'm sending my car down to denton to have ats mess with it. the build up took a year last time, and i don't want to be down that long again. it's going to cost some bling, but i'm going to be back in the drivers seat sooner than later, and that is what i'm looking forward to. plus they'll actually tune my car on the dyno with the rom tune, which is definately preferrable.

here is what i have currently:
stock longblock
jza80 pump
bored fuel rail
550's
td06.
ats flashed ecu
185rc ic

i originally wanted a disco potato, but ended up with a td06. while i love the turbo and wish i could keep it, i need the money to fund the trip to texas. my original intent was for autox, and i'm going to try to go back to that with the new turbo...

this is what i'm going to
stock shortblock + weisco's
gt28rs
same fuel and ecu
same ic

i will miss the screamer pipe, but i don't think any of the motorists around here will share my sentiment.

keep an eye open for future installments, as soon as i can source a trailer i'll be heading south for the win..summer, probably in the next month here or so.

theUNYTEDone

sounds like it'll be a good transformation!
you should get a disposable digital camera and have scott and them at ATS do a photographic documentary of the progress! 8)

donteatbugs

i want to buy one of their prepared stroker long blocks from the gt35 buildup they sell. as i figured it from the stuff they gave me it would be around 6k just for the engine to be built. i want it on a gt3071r kit from ko racing though. i hope your engine lasts this time.

darthripley

be sure & post plenty of pics grip addict :)

when you come down here if you wanna meet up or something shoot me a PM, maybe we can get Highway to bring his 185 along too :wink:

grip addict

well today i dropped the car off at ats. now i play the waiting game...

when the car is finished, i plan on stopping and showing it off everywhere heh. we should have a dallas meet...

darthripley

grip addict":1idzd46d said:
when the car is finished, i plan on stopping and showing it off everywhere heh. we should have a dallas meet...

sounds good, we'd love to see it :)

i dunno how many other people we could get to come, not sure who all might be up & running besides us :shrug:

grip addict

looks like my car will be finished by the end of the year, i'll be picking it up mid jan. i bought some 05 corolla wheels, i'm going to take them down to tx with me and deposit the ones on there somewhere else.
can't wait to have it back home!

ST185pinjo

Can't wait til you post up some pics and a full report on the turbo on an alltrac.

What kind of boost will you be running?

grip addict

leaving tonight to pick it up.
final mods aren't what i thought they would be- but hey, who said they were permenant?
time to break in yet another motor :smokes:

grip addict

well i got my car back, but it's having some crazy weird problems. i am really thinking that ats didn't test drive my car enough before turning the keys over.
i made 280 whp, full spool by about 3000 on 18 psi with a gt28rs. straight intake, aussie exhaust, supra fuel pump, and they dropped the car down back down to 440's.

i discovered on the way back my internal dizzy seal is leaking, so i need to get a shaft seal and get that taken care of.
now my car is also misfiring like crazy, tomorrow i'm going to check the spark plugs and timing.

at least i got home okay.

darthripley

i'm sorry to hear about the problems on your car & sorry we weren't able to meet up this time around :(

did you have ats do the ecu flash/tune for the 550 injectors?
how much tq did you make to the wheels also...

grip addict

and i forgot the dyno sheet in my other car lol. i'll get it soon.

dyno'd in fwd mode on their dynojet.
power- 278.9 tq 267.2 on 18 psi, 92 octane
i'm getting a few more runs next week on a local awd dyno. expect an update soon!