Project Celica GT - Stay alive and not break.

WarTowels

It's no Alltrac, but it's my baby. I figured I'd post here and chronical a bit I've done to it with a few more hopes and dreams this summer.

Here's the first photo of my car, about 4 years ago. What I'd give to have it back like that!
DSC01606.jpg

Engine shot, ghetto home made cold air intake (PVC piping in black :shock: )
coldairintakeWWW.jpg

This is what happens to 15 year old rims in Maine
13yearoldrims.jpg

Fresh after sanding and repainting done by me
NewRimsCloseup.jpg

Washed and waxed, equipped with refinished rims
sideview.jpg

WarTowels

It's at this point the Celica starting heading down a bad path. (About a year after the rim repaint)

Unfortuantly I didn't have my own digital camera until recently, so no pics.

1. While coming out of an unfamiliar driveway in the dark a giant bolder that I'm guessing was for decoration in someones driveway met with my rear passenger rocker panel and the lower end of the door. It gouged some large scraps into the door and rocker panel. Had them both repaired, and resprayed by my mechanic.

2. Next, while parked in my driveway my brothers girlfriend ran her full size family van into my passenger side. It wasn't TOO bad, the door was scrapped minimally, and the passenger mirror was ripped clear from the car. In the celica's defense, the van lost a rear tail light, and it suffered much worse scraps. Take that!

She was very very poor at the time, and my father would not let me get her insurance for a claim. Consquently I took it to a mechanic (not the previous one) and he did a half assed job as repairing the mirror and the door. I'll never go back there again.

3. Worst of all- my accident.

My freshwater shark had just passed away after only a few days after purchasing him. I was taking his corpse back to the pet storm for replacement and my car happened to be in the garage. Overly concerned with the shark not getting death water on my capet I was watching the container as I backed out of the garage. In my hast, I had left the door open ajar (about 3-4 inches). As I backed up, my drivers side door opened further and caught the side of the garage lip.

It bent the edge of the door in a good two inches in one spot (honestly not that bad) and pulled my window glass off track and almost out of the door. Instead of repairing the door, I went to the junkyard and got a 92' door for a whopping $20. Prepped it, and had my mechanic paint to match. He did an amazing job, and it looks perfect with the other paint.

4. I discovered some rust in the best of places. The drivers side rear wheel well. I was at college, so I decided to tackle the job myself, and see how well I could do it. Some 7 hours of sanding later, I had taken out a large chunk of my fender and removed the cancer.

Here's a mid process picture
SP_A0032.jpg

Filled the whole with bondo ( i know, i know) and sanded and painted it. It currently looks like ass, and I'm still working to fix it. Going in for a consult with my mechanic this week.

Much to my dismay two days ago I found a very very large hole in my drivers rocker panel appox. 3" squared. It's also on the to-do list.

WarTowels

On a plus side, I just replaced my front bumper ambers with clears thanks to Nigel!
FORSALE002.jpg

Also more recently added clear corner lights, no pics yet.

I rigged up a switch for my home made lazy I kit.
DSC01306.jpg

I replaced all four rotors with cross drilled and slotted rotors (mostly for looks)
Rotohead.jpg

Old scored rotor, vs shiny new zinc plated rotor!
Rotor-Comparison.jpg

I purchased four 00+ Celica GT-S rims.
HPIM0302.jpg

A set of 4 Kumho SPT's 205-50-16
ku_ecsta_spt_ci2_l.jpg

Installed all the rotors, cermanic pads all around, and mounted the tires and rims today. It looks amazing! It rained all day, so I will take some photo's of them later this week hopefully.

-Towels

WarTowels

After my recent upgrades, my plan is to keep the car in running condition as best I can.

I really want to paint the car this summer, thats still in the planning phase though.

My dead air conditioning is hopefully getting recharged and retrofitted for my birthday this weekend also. Turning the big 21 this Saturday June 9!

-Towels