Starting my project alltrac

Soup84

First, I'm gonna start with basic bolt on mods. Then, as my school progresses, build the 3SGTE with forged pistons and rods and continue on with a bigger turbo and ECU upgrade and so on.
Anyway, I'm very selective about what goes on my car. I only want the best. I'd just like any advice on the parts I'm buying or any suggestions on better parts. I'm considering the turbonetics manifold with the aussie downpipe and mid-pipe with high flow cat and the HKS cat-back. Sound good???

Gary

Don't forget, getting an Aussie downpipe will limit you to CT26/20B/27. If you will eventually upgrade the turbo to different family, it is a waste of $$. Have you looked into Full Race manifold instead of the Turbonetics one?

tjdouble07

Soup84":2yt8g229 said:
First, I'm gonna start with basic bolt on mods. Then, as my school progresses, build the 3SGTE with forged pistons and rods and continue on with a bigger turbo and ECU upgrade and so on.
Anyway, I'm very selective about what goes on my car. I only want the best. I'd just like any advice on the parts I'm buying or any suggestions on better parts. I'm considering the turbonetics manifold with the aussie downpipe and mid-pipe with high flow cat and the HKS cat-back. Sound good???

I'd go with a KO streetbrawler kit (t3/t4 46 trim kits are good for 400whp, or for gt series for more hp, http://koracing.net/viewproduct.php?folder=11&product=99 ), or if you want to stick with the ct26 then maybe just the KO ct26 DP. I've had the Aussie DP and they aren't bad, but as was already said, they limit you to the ct26. And in regards to the exhaust manifold; honestly, the stock manifold is pretty dang good. With some mild porting they really aren't very restrictive and you don't have to worry about cracking. I'm still using the stock manifold with 500+WHP.

etantshi

tjdouble07":11rjmj2t said:
Soup84":11rjmj2t said:

I'd go with a KO streetbrawler kit (t3/t4 46 trim kits are good for 400whp, or for gt series for more hp, http://koracing.net/viewproduct.php?folder=11&product=99 ), or if you want to stick with the ct26 then maybe just the KO ct26 DP. I've had the Aussie DP and they aren't bad, but as was already said, they limit you to the ct26. And in regards to the exhaust manifold; honestly, the stock manifold is pretty dang good. With some mild porting they really aren't very restrictive and you don't have to worry about cracking. I'm still using the stock manifold with 500+WHP.

Agreed.

Gary

Even though I agree with you guys that stock exhaust manifold flows pretty good. However at at 500+ whp, don't you think you can release more power with better manifold?

Soup84

Yeah, I'm working on the pics. Thanks for telling me about the downpipe. I'll hold off until I build the motor up. Right now I'm just looking for easy mods. Any suggestions for an intake??

Soup84

Does the Apexi intake just go right on the stock intake tubing or can I get aftermarket tubing??? I didn't see any on any of the websites.

tjdouble07

Gary":2nvorp1j said:
Even though I agree with you guys that stock exhaust manifold flows pretty good. However at at 500+ whp, don't you think you can release more power with better manifold?

I don't know honestly. I was planning on doing some HP testing with the SSAC tubular manifold I had lying around, but I sold it before I did any dyno comparisons. I guess a few more horses could be possible, but honestly, unless someone is going to go full out Pat style in the HP department, I don't really think it's worth the cost of a cast tubular manifold vs. a free costing ported stock one, but each to his own. I guess if you are looking to free up every little hp you could possibly free up it might be worth it... But I could think of a lot more benificial modifications for the cost. My thought is that most people who replace the stock manifold do it more for the "awe" factor then anything else.

Soup84

Might i say, what a beautiful silver Celica. I'm going to change the color of mine as well to either that color or a midnight blue with sliver streaks. I'm thinking the latter. Anyway, i have the pics i just gotta mess with them a bit to get em on. Standby for pics.

tjdouble07

Soup84":3moq4rvc said:
Might i say, what a beautiful silver Celica. I'm going to change the color of mine as well to either that color or a midnight blue with sliver streaks. I'm thinking the latter. Anyway, i have the pics i just gotta mess with them a bit to get em on. Standby for pics.

Thanks man. :oops:

Looking forward to seeing pics of your car. Keep us updated.

etantshi

I'd have to agree with you. The cost to power ratio of the manifold is probably only worth it for a handfull of people.

Soup84

Much awaited pics

Attachments

• All-trac bay.jpg
    All-trac bay.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 16
  • My All-trac.jpg
    My All-trac.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 20
  • My Celicas.jpg
    My Celicas.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 23

Soup84

Okay, since I have to wait for significant engine upgrades before other mods, I'm gonna get the Wilwood big brake kit and the whiteline full suspension kit. The only problem... rims... I need bigger ones. I've looked for 17x9 (as recommended) but can't find any!!! I've had a little luck finding 17x8.5 and I think those will work, but I know you guys know some kick ass websites to visit or can at least lead me to better ones. Also, will 18s work with the whiteline kit?? Thanks, Eric

ToyoTrac

17x8.5 should work, but 17x9 are savvy, good idea to work on the suspension first, i like power over control, but thatd tell u how long ill have my alltracs :D , so its a good thing i got no money for power either i guess....