project alltracst185 update! 6/15/14 rust is gone!!! :)

alltracst185

When i go out i drink Coors Light for job security :wink: no really i don't think the beer industry is going under anytime soon :p

alltracst185

So i got some time to do a little mock-up today and found that i need to completely get rid of my a/c and the clutch slave is in the way too.... :p
hksturbokit.jpg

What did you people with big turbo's do with the clutch slave cylinder?

alltracst185

LegacyofDan":q1xklcqi said:
i think tjdouble07 had the same problem but i dont remember what he did as a solution(i could be remembering wrong)

He made his manifold go up on a angle where the turbo bolts to. I have to get this worked out fast!

alltracst185

It's just about a 1/4 inch in the way too! :shoots: I'm thinking about mounting the turbo the other way. I think that will work once the a/c is out. what do you guys think?

WarTowels

Wouldn't the downpipe his the cross member dealy on the other side?

So, you can drill out the holes a little to adjust it's place?

-Towels

alltracst185

So i got a bad update: My car was out side in my driveway for three weeks and got broke into, they smashed my window and took my eclipse dvd/nav double din touch screen :shoots: No worries, i got my radio back in less than 4 days later. :wink: I think i may go radio less in my car now. (all performance!) Retards that did it left my HKS turbo timer and Greddy EBC :twisted: I can't wait to find the little shit that did it!

I plan to get this build moving a little quicker now that i got my car back in my garage again.

alltracst185

So i haven't really had too much time to work on the trac because i've been helping my brother do a 2.4 liter stroker swap in his 97 gst. I'm done with that now and found some time to get the car ready for the engine pull. The head is then going to be shipped off to ATS to get a rebuild and my 272's installed. While that is going on i will be painting the engine bay silver with a blue peal and taking apart and repainting all the front end components. should look really nice. I hope! lol

alltracst185

Ok i found some time this weekend to finally get this damn project going again. here are some pics of the start of the engine pull, i will be working on it this coming weekend and hopefully get the engine out. What is the best way to pull this engine? Top or bottom? enjoy!

296.jpg

297.jpg

298.jpg

299.jpg

got the rad and ac exchanger out..kind of a pain.
300.jpg

301.jpg

I'm hopeing for this build to be done by next summer. :smokes:

Oh ya and here is my new DD.

303.jpg

302.jpg

V6 supercharged 03 Nissan X-terra. I love this thing. :D

alltracst185

I got out to look at this turbo hitting the slave cylinder again and found that it was the least of my problems :twisted: now the turbo clears the slave and the dip stick is in the way :cry: I mocked everything up better today and even the hood will close with some massaging :wink:

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

What are my options to fix my problem with the oil dipstick? Can i move it? I'm going to get a oil filter relocation kit. I nee to get this figured out.

alltracst185

Here are the pics of how the hood clears the WG.

004.jpg

005.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

I'm hoping that the WG fits right through the c/s rc hood vent :evil: What do you guys think?

Landon

dude, congrats on the xterra! those are sick, supercharged! even better. my friend would be supe jealous- he's wanting to sell his 300zx and get one. let us know how you like it! won't mind a little off topic in your project. looking good too btw