alltracshoak's 4th st185... 92 teal

alltracshoak

car died because of a short somewhere.took whole wiring harness off but where to go after this???
i recently bought a multimeter from sears for $40 but dont quite know how to use it and wht to diagnos when my harness is off
electric gurus please help!!!i need to get back on theroad asap so i can rock my GT4 AWD plates

phattyduck

Start with a visual inspection! Are there any chaffed/crushed areas?

Shorts are hard to diagnose, but easy to visually spot (generally). Broken connections are easier to find with a multimeter. Intermittant connections are the worst. :(

Good luck.

-Charlie

alltracshoak

ok today i took off my wiring harness.i've checked all my plugs which the black wire with yellow stripe goes to(tvis vsv,turbo pressure sensor,turbo vsv,egr,o2 sensor,check connector) and they all was ok with no short.i also check to see if any of those wires are touching the engine ground and none of them was.anyone can pin point me how many ohms does all those sensor ive mention above have to be in specs ??im only usuing my phone for access so it really sucks

alltracshoak

no short???im lost now with the electrical. anyone has a good usdm 90 alltrac wiring harness?????i may want to buy or trade with something...

alltracshoak

up and running now..rewire some broken/short wires and it runs again!!!somehow develope boost leak so will have to look into that

alltracshoak

got the ct20b in and man it was a nice upgrade from the ct26.i should of never sold the one i had before.pulls hard till redline.not even my youbger bro mr2 turbo could keep up to me now

alltracshoak

too much boost is the problem now.im hitting 1.40-1.50 bar then backed off.scary.i dont know if a boost controller will help control this boost problem.everything is hooked up right and even the factory tvsv is still hook up too
any help?

that will be from 20-22 psi.

alltracshoak

bored random pics for my portfolio
DSC04502.jpg

DSC04500.jpg

DSC04499.jpg

DSC04497.jpg

DSC04494.jpg

DSC04493.jpg