alltracshoak's 4th st185... 92 teal

alltracshoak

silence":dim57rdp said:
wow, that is some carnage!
Can i buy your speedo gear elbow?
which one are you talking about???i might need it for the RC/CS because it's an electric on the RC/CS. i might have the gear that goes into the tranny...

wizzards581

so does this show how weak gt4 tranny cases are? im kinda clueless here. break during acceleration, did anything happen to the internal synchros? maybe i need to come see the car.

silence

tidbit of info:
when i had my tranny rebuilt by a reputable trans shop. The owner was amazed on how stout Toyota built the awd transmision. He said that everything seemed to have been over-engineered, and he was glad that Mitsubishi and Subaru had not built their AWD transmissions like Toyota, or he would have been out of business....

Our trannys are very strong, but when parts are over-abused, things break.

whatever you have leftover from your trans swap, ...that is used for the speedo, I want :p

Celicatuner92

that some serious carnage to a strong tranny. i wish i could have torn mine apart to see it i lost 3rd 4th and reverse somehow :twisted:

alltracshoak

update:11/16/07
RC TRANNY'S IN :D :D :D
tomorrow,ill try to get the engine in and see how the RC gearbox feels like.hopefully im more then impress

alltracshoak

transmission is in.something is making some weird noise.car is running good. i havent really take it in the high rpms but it feels great..shifts were good. cant complain :D

wizzards581

alltracshoak":1lanbsrt said:
transmission is in.something is making some weird noise.car is running good. i havent really take it in the high rpms but it feels great..shifts were good. cant complain :D

:shock: ur done in a quickness. flush the fluids and run it for certain miles before starting to abuse, god knows how long the tranny has been sitting. :twisted: GREAT SUCESS! :twisted: